Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
6 registered (Tiger1982, Obi, 4 invisible), 50 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62521 Topics
438141 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#377119 - 11/28/11 12:07 PM You know what I want?
creyes99 Offline

Loc: Indio, CA
I want a goddamned miracle. I want some good shit to come my way. We all do, and damn it, if anyone deserves it, we do. Enough with the bad shit all the damned time. Bring the good. It's not a request, I demand it. just venting.

#377120 - 11/28/11 12:13 PM Re: You know what I want? [Re: creyes99]
JaapVisser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The Netherlands
Amen!

#377142 - 11/28/11 03:22 PM Re: You know what I want? [Re: JaapVisser]
kinghenri Offline

Loc: Tucson Arizona
Agreed

Plagued by constant misery,
Their eyes cast down,
Fixed upon the ground,
Their eyes cast down

I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

#377145 - 11/28/11 03:40 PM Re: You know what I want? [Re: kinghenri]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
"Luck is when preparation meets opportunity".

D

-- I must remind myself that sugar is my enemy. I can't control my sugar consumption and sugar makes me mentally unstable. I'm reminding myself (because I forgot again).

#377186 - 11/28/11 07:27 PM Re: You know what I want? [Re: Magellan]
creyes99 Offline

I ain't talking about luck. Luck can shove it, hasn't done a damn thing for me. I'm talking about goodness. Honest, dyed in the wool, pure goodness. Wake up in the morning with a smile on your face, "Holy crap this is awesome, I can't believe this is happening", fill your heart with happy type of good. I don't want luck. I want the exact opposite of all this shit, for all of us. It's our turn.

#377190 - 11/28/11 08:08 PM Re: You know what I want? [Re: creyes99]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Perhaps the meaning of the quote I gave above got lost ...

"Luck" isn't something that magically appears in our lives. it's something that comes everyone's way once in a while. Some people take advantage of it by preparing for those times when it does come.

I'm learning that the same thing can be said for expecting good things to come your way (IE "luck"). I'm learning that I can't expect someone to rescue me, nor can I expect life to suddenly hand me salvation. I can't find happiness outside of me.

It takes a lot of work to uncover the crap that was given to me, to re-discover the inherent beauty within, and to find the source of happiness. It requires lots of work, stamina, patience, courage, and ...

All of us Survivors have stamina, patience, courage ... we've survived Hell. We'll have to work hard to create the meaning we desire in our lives. We'll have to strive to create happiness and connection. We each have to take an active part in creating the life we want to live.

I understand what you're saying, completely. I'm right there with you. But now I realize I can't wait for life to hand me the goodness. I have to actively work on creating it for myself. This mode of thinking allows me to start stepping out of the victim mindset in which I grew up, and begin to appreciate the innate power I have within to create.

The shorter way of saying the above "Luck is when preparation meets opportunity".

I hope this helps.

D

-- I must remind myself that sugar is my enemy. I can't control my sugar consumption and sugar makes me mentally unstable. I'm reminding myself (because I forgot again).

#377236 - 11/29/11 01:09 AM Re: You know what I want? [Re: Magellan]
creyes99 Offline

Dude, totally.

#377243 - 11/29/11 02:22 AM Re: You know what I want? [Re: creyes99]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Peace,Rainbows & Healing

Edited by lapchinj (03/17/13 11:55 PM)

It will get better....

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.