Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
4 registered (lapchinj, tbkkfile, sadclown, 1 invisible), 27 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63218 Topics
442045 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#377208 - 11/28/11 08:57 PM Re: Wow! Its not my imagination [Re: Disappointed]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Many years ago, when my son was about 4, my ex got to see what I lived through. Since I live through it...was raised in it, I never even noticed it.

He was out in the yard with my son teaching him something or other. My son, who is off-the-charts bright, did not quite "get" what his grandfather was trying to teach him, or he was trying to figure out the deeper principals at work. My father said "come on...you aren't to bright are ya?" I use to hear that ALL THE FKG TIME. I was not there, but my wife was. Rightly, she shit a brick and set his shit straight.

He use to tell us to "go play in traffic."

OMG...I just love reminiscing...good times.

The nightmare, mad-dog beating/terror sessions were like watching The Excorsist on acid...and I am NOT kidding.

Still's Globs

New Video

#377209 - 11/28/11 09:01 PM Re: Wow! Its not my imagination [Re: Still]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
That's my point, Robbie. After I grieved the lack of a good, decent father, I wouldn't pine after that heartless bastard's attention.

He's never deserved it. He should be kneeling on the floor in front of you, begging your forgiveness.

My Dad NEVER beat me. Not once. Not ever. I was his rare and precious gem. He always listened to me and encouraged me, and took my ideas seriously.

That's what you deserved, Robbie. He's dirt under your feet.

D.

#377333 - 11/29/11 06:22 PM Re: Wow! Its not my imagination [Re: Disappointed]
Shawushka Offline

Loc: VA
Robbie, please stay strong for your kids. You seem like a great person, trying to heal and recover and it's heartbreaking to read how you are rejected.

When we have abusive parents (in the broadest sense) I found it best to try to let go of it, meaning stop expecting anything of them. Mine haven't been the best parents, and ever since I stopped expecting anything of them it's better, more bearable and I'm less resentful.No, I didn't come up with this by myself. It's the result of 3 years in therapy with a great therapist.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.