Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 44 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63117 Topics
441396 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#376489 - 11/22/11 02:33 PM Write to Congress NOW PLEASE
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Its time we get Congress involved. Now that one of America's golden calves is caught abusing children, maybe they can grand-stand on something real. Feel free to use my language:

__________________________________________________________________________________
Dear Congressman Bass,

As a constituent, I find it fully and urgently necessary to request that Congress initiate an investigation into Child Sex Abuse (CSA) within our non-profit institutions.

Any organization can certainly be rife with abuse of various types. Unfortunately, children are all too often the target and victim. We see this throughout human history and in present-day news, (Penn State, Syracuse University...Churches).

Congress engaged an entertainment factor years ago to investigate illegal and unethical use of steroids in Major-League Baseball. Such an effort is admirable, but it likely effects no lives on a life-and-death platform like CSA.

Furthermore, many institutions that are rife with CSA enjoy tax-exempt status within our nation. This ought to put them in special focus and in a category of open-door examination. They ought not be allowed to abuse children, cover-up the crimes and still enjoy tax favored status. Their tax status gives Congress the inherent right and duty to demand transparency.

I'm emailing this request as I respectfully request your action herein. I will also be hand-delivering this to your Concord Office.

Congressman Bass, As a nation, itís time to examine CSA, its enablers, its perpetrators and resulting punishments.

Please feel free to call on me with any questions your staff may have in fleshing-out this topic.

Sincerely,

Robert Brown
Town, NH

Still's Globs

New Video

#376510 - 11/22/11 06:12 PM Re: Write to Congress NOW PLEASE [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

I called Charlie Bass' office in Concord NH. We'll be trying to get me 15 minutes or so for the holiday break.

Anyone else into this idea?

Still's Globs

New Video

#376524 - 11/22/11 07:45 PM Re: Write to Congress NOW PLEASE [Re: Still]
TheTwoOfUs Offline

Loc: USA
Robbie,

It's a very good idea. Sis and I are working on a letter ourselves, though we're in NYS, not Penn or NH. I think the more these aristocrats hear from survivors - gender does not matter, the issue is cross-gender in this case, abuse by people in a position that are supposed to nurture children - but the more these people get inundated with letters/phone calls/etc, the more likely they are to address the issue.

As anyone who's spoken to me knows, I'm not a CSA, I'm strictly ASA. That said, I have five children myself, one of whom came VERY close to falling into the CSA category at one time. And I would like to think that ANY parent would take this issue seriously. It can literally happen anywhere, anytime, to any child. It doesn't know the boundaries of race, gender, economic class, or social position. We've seen that time and time again.

So yes. I agree, Robbie, this is a good idea. Sis and I are working on one for our local congressman as well. And when we're done, we'll be sending it in. The more of us who write/call/visit, the louder the voices will be, and the more likely we are to see action.

My thoughts, for what it's worth.

Adapt. Overcome. Survive.

#376626 - 11/23/11 08:14 PM Re: Write to Congress NOW PLEASE [Re: TheTwoOfUs]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Every citizen has the right to be heard and attempt to set public policy. Proximity to the crime is no criterion for action. Every citizen who thinks congress ought to be as involved in child protection as they are baseball and steroids should be lobbying congress.

I now have a full-time occupation until this happens. It may damage me. It may kill me or make me ill, but I'm gonna chase this.

Still's Globs

New Video

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.