Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
5 registered (whiteflag, lapchinj, Observador, Ocellaris, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63412 Topics
443345 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#376043 - 11/19/11 11:34 AM Life is exhasuting but I am determined
hopeandtry Offline

Sometimes life is just exhausting. I am working so hard to be positive and push through, but feel I keep getting beat down (this time, it's at work). Last night was terrible - a combination of work stress and of course the pain of the split with my ex had to rear its ugly head (not surprising when I already feel vulnerable). It was honestly one of the worst nights I've had in awhile, though thankfully I woke up feeling somewhat better. This may sound weird, but today I reached a personal goal of mine (losing 50 of the 55 pounds I gained after the first split with my ex three years ago). I feel like it's symbolic. As I shed the weight, I shed the signs of my depression after we ended. I'm replacing that with strength. Even more important, in spite of splitting with him AGAIN, I have continued to lose rather than gain back what I lost in the last year or so. I still struggle a lot but I feel I am stronger overall. When I have weak moments, I need to quit being hard on myself and remember one of SANON's slogans, "Progress, not perfection."

#376044 - 11/19/11 12:10 PM Re: Life is exhasuting but I am determined [Re: hopeandtry]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Progress indeed Hope,

Well done! Having goals and making consistent progress is the act that supports our good feelings and thoughts about us! This attack on your progress will pass, the feelings of bitterness are potentially in everything, it is up to us to put a positive spin on our lives. We will experience sharp and painful feelings in our lives, but they are not permanent. They do not hold us imprisoned any longer. Please see this attempt as a reminder of what you have left behind, then file it under "done that" and keep recovering.

New joyful experiences and a stable sense of contentment await you,
Sam

#376189 - 11/20/11 11:27 AM Re: Life is exhasuting but I am determined [Re: hopeandtry]
herowannabe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Rock on, Hope!

I absolutely have found that new attitudes, optimism and joy are born from our own (very) personal achievements.

From doing a good job at work, to keeping our homes organized and clean, to getting a new hairstyle, to trying a new lipstick, to buying a new sweater to LOSING WEIGHT and FEELING HEALTHY- all kinds of things that WE are in control of and that WE succeed in give us new perspective! It's magical!

With each little or big success, we find we care less about the things we can't control. THAT is nirvana!!!

Keep going, Hope, JOY is waiting for you!

Sending an 'attagirl' to you!
herowannabe

Edited by herowannabe (11/20/11 11:32 AM)

For I know the plans I have made for you. Plans to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.