Newest Members
myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise, kieran
12463 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blakanezebruh (43), OneWithStrength (37), Parker (45), scottyg (42)
Who's Online
1 registered (sorryson), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12463 Members
74 Forums
63990 Topics
446620 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#375859 - 11/18/11 01:44 AM Allegations against Syracuse Assistan BBall Coach
mh6893 Offline

Loc: Hong Kong
First PSU,
Then Citadel,
Now Syracuse...

I hope if more of these come out, the result will be action, but it will be tough for survivors for a while.

http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20111118/ap_on_sp_co_ne/bkc_syracuse_fine_investigation

Jack

My profile photo is me around the time of my experience.

#375864 - 11/18/11 02:54 AM Re: Allegations against Syracuse Assistan BBall Coach [Re: mh6893]
TheTwoOfUs Offline

Loc: USA
It will, but maybe some other good as managed to come out of the PSU thing in the sense of encouraging others to come forward and tell their stories and make reports...

This stuff isn't specific to Penn State, and people shouldn't be surprised... it's in the girl scout and boy scouts, it's in the football teams, the soccer teams, the marching bands and cheerleader squads, it's in the city's community centers and the daycares and foster homes and... *sighs* I WISH it was specific to just one organization, then we could stamp it the hell out and not have any more children hurt by this stuff! But that's not reality.

I just hope that some of these stories start addressing the victims and stop concentrating wholly on the **** organizations. It's about damn time the media starts looking at the people and the children that got HURT!

Adapt. Overcome. Survive.

#375879 - 11/18/11 08:23 AM Re: Allegations against Syracuse Assistan BBall Coach [Re: TheTwoOfUs]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
Well,

Syracuse is MY skool. I'll say it again. There was a fierce sence of arrogant entitlement with ALL of the sports figures there. We academics existed to keep the coffers full of dollars and the parties full of worshipers to the disgusting false gods of whatever court they chose.

A star athlete at Syracuse could do NO wrong. Stories of an athlete being caught taking too many booster favors like the $120K Mercedes and the top-choice steaks at some certain restraunts every night were constant. But at Syracuse, we always had an adult staffer who would take the blame for it, resign and go onto coach girls bowling (from the sidelines of the football games). I even knew a math teacher who never met some of her "A" students. She could pick them out by name on the TV during a game though. "Huh....so THAT'S Reggie Runphast."

I was in the MBA program there. One of the starting football fools was touted on TV as being "in the MBA program." The announcers found that amazing. He had one year of eligibility and stayed-on at Syracuse to get his MBA. Only trouble is, not one of us IN the MBA program EVER saw or heard of him.

Yup...my skool got picked this time. I'll say the same thing that I did for PSU; "Tear-down this sports enclave!"

Still Not Recognized

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.