Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, 2 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442127 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#375725 - 11/17/11 12:30 PM PSU Victims fearful of coming forward....
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

And bullying of the fellow who reported in the first place.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/exclusive_jerry_sandusky_inter.html

Horrible. PSU apparently really is about football and reputation and nothing more.

Quote:
Some of those who talked to Shubin are afraid of retribution from Penn State-crazed fans, or being blamed — like one victim — for the downfall of Joe Paterno.

Mike Gillum, the psychologist working with the Clinton County boy who first came forward to authorities in 2008 and whose statement led to the grand jury investigation, said Wednesday that the teen boy is having trouble in school because he is being bullied.

Coming forward has led to threats and verbal abuse, Gillum said.

“In some cases we’re finding that they are hiding in a fairly remote area, they are afraid of being discovered,” Shubin said about the people he talked to Wednesday.

Others have already come forward and say they were dissuaded from being honest, he said.

“In some cases they have disclosed something in careful ways to people in positions of authority and they were not believed,” Andronici said. “They were, in some cases, scolded and silenced.”

Edited by JustScott (11/17/11 12:31 PM)

#375739 - 11/17/11 02:54 PM Re: PSU Victims fearful of coming forward.... [Re: JustScott]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: Penn Snake News
Coming forward has led to threats and verbal abuse, Gillum said

Dang baby!!! We just keep getting mo and mo fine examples of TRUE human mentality handed to us on a silver platter.

This is why PSU Football needs to go the fk away!

Still's Globs

New Video

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.