Hey guys,

I can assure you, MaleSurvivor has been reaching out and will continue our efforts to offer whatever support and assistance we can to the survivors at Penn State. Every single person in the leadership of the organization has been working overtime trying to reach out and make contact with people in the media, officials at Penn State, and anyone else we can think of.

A few things I'd like to share with you all, since the news has broken we've seen a steady uptick in traffic here to the website. We've also been receiving some wonderful messages of support from random people who've seen some of the messages we have been able to get out into the media. It's true that there is plenty of shock and horror to go with this story, but I have been personally uplifted to see an even stronger reaction of compassion and a desire to help support the survivors.

I also want to encourage members who feel strong enough to do so to write letters to their local papers and media outlets encouraging them to continue to keep the focus on the needs of victims. Speaking up and sharing our opinions can be an empowering experience. It can also be a source of comfort and strength to those who have not yet found the strength to speak up themselves.

Keep an eye out for some more announcements in the coming days. In the meantime, please remember to give yourselves time to step away from this story and permission to do what you need to do for your own healing. Many of us have been triggered by the constant reporting on this story (myself included). It is ok to take a deep breath, turn your back on the news, and do whatever you need to do to reclaim a little safety and calm in your life. Doing what you need to do to heal is the best way you can support and be a shining light to others.

Chris

Vice-President, MaleSurvivor
Chair, Web Oversight Committee

Healing D.H. Lawrence