Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (CafeMan, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63205 Topics
441967 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#37557 - 01/26/03 10:19 AM Happy Anniversary To Me!
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Just gotta say that today I've been married to my wonderful wife for 23 years! We celebrated yesterday and it was the best ever. We went to look for some seafood restaurants along the waterfront and found one that wasn't even on our list. My wife said it was the perfect food & atmosphere for the occassion. I agree.

For the first time since I was maybe 10, living in Tampa Florida, I had frog legs, and my wife tried them for the first time.

No, they don't taste like chicken, they taste like frog! :p Actually, kinda like a cross between chicken & some kind of fish or seafood. Really good!

This is the second time in the last month or so that I got to re-live one of my few good childhood
memories (December 27 I rode the Central Park carousel for the first time since I was 2 or 3).

What's cool is I wasn't even looking for frog legs; I'd kinda thot about it from time to time thru the years, but given up on really trying. Then, here they were!

Don't give up!

Victor

#37558 - 01/26/03 11:06 AM Re: Happy Anniversary To Me!
Gary - CDN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Hamilton, Ontario Canada
Congratulations on the anniversary. Milestones like that are precious and I am glad you enjoyed it in style.

And aren't those memories a real joy when you can re-experience them again. That sense of peace and comfort is amazing when it kicks in.

Here's to more of the same for everyone…

Gary

#37559 - 01/26/03 11:11 AM Re: Happy Anniversary To Me!
Chey-Wy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cheyenne, WY
Victor

Happy aniversary. It sounds like you had a wonderful day. Congratulations. My parents would have celebrated their 49th aniversary two weeks after my dad died. I hope you and your wife make it that far and further.

I have never Tried Frog legs. I was tempted to one day. What I came close to trying one day was Rocky Mountain Oysters. I asked someone what they tasted like before I did and he told me B***s. :p O K. I chickened out so I guess I can say I didn't/don't have any.

Take care,

John

Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
So we could learn how to climb

#37560 - 01/26/03 03:10 PM Re: Happy Anniversary To Me!
Wuamei Offline

Gary: Thanks.

And indeed more of the same for all of us, and for you, my friend.

John: Thanks.

Whoa! I think I might've figured out why I love oysters anyway except raw. And why I can't stand boiled okra tho I can eat it fried. \:o

I remember when I was in I think kindergarten or first grade, they made me eat boiled okra for school lunch one day.

Needless to say, after they cleaned up the mess, they never made me eat boiled okra again. \:D

Thank God for the good memories!

Victor

#37561 - 01/26/03 03:18 PM Re: Happy Anniversary To Me!
guy43 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Victor:

Twenty-three years married is a wonderful accomplishment, congrats!!!

hey, knock off having the good experiences eh

rrrriiibbbbiiiittttttt

jeraboy

#37562 - 01/26/03 03:58 PM Re: Happy Anniversary To Me!
Wuamei Offline

Thanks Jer!

In my water aerobics classes, I used to try to get the class into their frog hop exercises by having them "rrriibbiit", but for some reason the class, mostly women & mostly older women, didn't appreciate that idea too much! :rolleyes:

Victor

#37563 - 01/26/03 05:00 PM Re: Happy Anniversary To Me!
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Victor, that's great. Happy anniversary to you both.

But I don't know about the frogs legs, if it swims I dont eat it, if it swims in swamps then I definatly dont eat it :p

Dave \:D

#37564 - 01/26/03 06:10 PM Re: Happy Anniversary To Me!
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Victor it is so good to see that you are enjoying your self in life, I use to be a bus boy in a restaurants called the Mississippi Belle and we servied frog legs. You could alse tell when some one didn,t like the Frog Legs and I would make sure that I removed the plate from the table, with 2 or 3 untouched legs . They went into the food warmer to be eaten on break. Every weekend I had Frog Legs, they grew old after awhile.
Hope your next 23 years are full of joy, Muldoon

#37565 - 01/26/03 06:24 PM Re: Happy Anniversary To Me!
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Victor,
Happy anniversary to you...
Happy anniversary dear Victor & wife

Congratulations on your 23 years.... and thanks for being around here on this site.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#37566 - 01/26/03 07:23 PM Re: Happy Anniversary To Me!
Wuamei Offline

Dave, Matt, Muldoon & Don: Thanks a lot guys!

Yeah, it is great to be able to remember & relive some good memories instead of just bad ones, to be able to start overcoming the past and being an overcomer (Victor-ious \:\) ) in the present, really living & enjoying life.

Muldoon, I envy you all those frog legs, but I guess I'd get tired of them too. Maybe...

Matt, speaking of sinking my teeth into things, I'd like to try some good gator meat sometime. And I can't sink my teeth into enuf good seafood!

Dang I'm getting hungry. Time to go eat my Super Bowl nachos--with my wonderful wife! \:D

Victor

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.