I am 32 years old. When I was 9 I was abused by another child, a distant relative, who had been subjected to abuse by an adult. I only found out that he was abused several years later. His abuser was prosecuted. Both his abuser's abuse of him and his of me involved --there is no easy way to say this-- I'll just say it went all the way. It was only on a couple occasions. I have never told anyone beyond what I am writing on this forum. I assume he and I are the only two people in the world who know what happened. Knowing what was done to him by an adult, and that he was only a couple years older than me, I bear him no ill will. I have had contact with him since, but not in about 10 years, and needless to say the topic never came up after the abuse stopped, which was only on two occasions. When I was younger I felt a ton of guilt, but as I reached my twenties I realized that even though I let him do what he did, I was nine and had no realization of the implications of what was happening, and had nothing to feel guilty for. At this point, I do not plan to ever tell anyone close to me, not because I am ashamed, but because I really don't want to burden them. The one thing that concerns me about my silence is whether the guy who did this to me got help. I assume he did because what happened to him became public, and child victims I assume get counseling when the authorities get involved. I decided to write this because I saw a link to it in an article about the Penn State abuse, and I decided to get this off my chest in a way that allows me to remain anonymous. I have had some issues-low self esteem, social anxiety, mild depression, but I think I am reasonably well adjusted. Thanks for giving me an outlet.