Newest Members
pjmd, j_f1974, Dan234racer, ajax, marmill252
12431 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mTm (55), Oz (28)
Who's Online
2 registered (Obi, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12431 Members
74 Forums
63840 Topics
445797 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#375358 - 11/15/11 05:24 AM Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen
mh6893 Offline

Loc: Hong Kong
Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' but insists he's innocent

mad

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/15/us/pennsylvania-sandusky-case

Jack

My profile photo is me around the time of my experience.

#375375 - 11/15/11 08:34 AM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: mh6893]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
I've heard that from many, many perpetrators. It's called denial of intentions and minimization. Interesting to hear his statements via my perpetrator hearing. So typical.

#375387 - 11/15/11 10:37 AM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
It’s amazing how childish he sounded. "I threw some rocks at the windows of the old building, but I didn’t start the fire."

"Touched their legs??" WTF is THAT?? Is he SO fkd in the skull that he thinks that admission helps him? I'm just waiting for his cliché claims that the boys never objected and seemed to want it.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#375388 - 11/15/11 10:38 AM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: mh6893]
ren42 Offline

Edited by ren42 (12/29/12 06:40 AM)

#375392 - 11/15/11 11:32 AM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: ren42]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Sandusky's words of "horsing around" are being played on tv as I write this.

I guess Jerry Sandusky has forgotten that he admitted, twice, to having inappropriate contact with one of the boys, to the boy's mother, as police listened.

He even stated that he knew that she would not forgive him, but he hoped that G_d would.

What really disgusts me, and there are so many things that do in this case, is that Jerry Sandusky's attorney is saying that becuase the alleged victims come from impoverished environments that they are prone to lying.

WTF????

As I write this, it is being reported that at least 12 more boys have come forward. Law enforcement is not yet calling them victims, instead stating that the veracity of their statements has to be verified. And the good old standby, "we cannot comment on an ongoing investigation."

I was told by a friend here that since the Sandusky situation has hit the airwaves, a lot of guys have joined MS.

I hope they find the support and healing they so richly deserve. I hope they come to realize they are not the ones at fault and that the shame and blame belongs to those who harmed them.

Keep talking, Jerry Sandusky. Give them more rope with which to hang your sorry ass in court (criminal and civil court).

Anomalous

#375393 - 11/15/11 12:19 PM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: Anomalous]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I am aghast when I heard his words "horsing around". He did more than that and I think Ken Singer said it best above "denial of intentions and minimization" of what he had done. I understand this all too well. Let us hope everyone out there understands the perp or abuser does not see the vile nature of their deeds.

Jerry loves to talk about himself, that led to his success in fundraising--talking of everything he did, making people believe he is such a wonderful person and how much he did for everyone. However, people who create this facade generally have a hidden side. I have come to learn, people that do good things and do not give self accolades are truly the people who are doing it for the good of others and not themselves. Jerry you will have your day and others will see you for the lowest of low in the slammer.

#375408 - 11/15/11 03:11 PM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: KMCINVA]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
He has the clear characteristics of being a sociopath.

See my earlier post:

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...5338#Post375338

What I have heard from qualified sources is that very, very few sociopaths ever change. They're incapable of changing thir spots. They like themselves they way they are. If they seem to cry, it's only because they got caught.

I don't see anything wrong with giving it a label.

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (11/15/11 03:15 PM)

#375416 - 11/15/11 05:23 PM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: pufferfish]
just me Offline

Yup!

#375417 - 11/15/11 05:38 PM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: pufferfish]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Originally Posted By: pufferfish
He has the clear characteristics of being a sociopath.

See my earlier post:

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...5338#Post375338

What I have heard from qualified sources is that very, very few sociopaths ever change. They're incapable of changing thir spots. They like themselves they way they are. If they seem to cry, it's only because they got caught.

I don't see anything wrong with giving it a label.

Puffer

Yes, sociopath indeed. He is classic. Now that there is so much news coverage of all this, he can't stand it that he's not in the limelight with it, so he has to come forward and give his take on it. What a sack of shit.

#375462 - 11/15/11 11:25 PM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: EGL]
mh6893 Offline

If the allegations are true, this guys has been lying for decades, so why would he stop lying now when his freedom is on the line? He wouldn't.

If the allegations are not true, what motivation would 8 different child victims have to make up such stories? They don't have any.

Has there ever been a person accused by so many people over such a long time that ended up being innocent? I've never heard of it.

Jack

#375465 - 11/15/11 11:34 PM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: EGL]
mh6893 Offline

If the allegations are true, this guys has been lying for decades, so why would he stop lying now when his freedom is on the line? He wouldn't.

If the allegations are not true, what motivation would 8 different child victims have to make up such stories? They don't have any.

Has there ever been a person accused by so many people over such a long time that ended up being innocent? I've never heard of it.

Jack

#375467 - 11/15/11 11:39 PM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: EGL]
mh6893 Offline

Jack

#375501 - 11/16/11 09:00 AM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: mh6893]
ksequoia Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NYC
This Sandusky thing has really shaken me up. I'm reliving the nightmares I thought I was dealing well with the support of my 12 step group (sober 18 months). Was beginning to feel like a regular kid again (though I'm 54) - then this happens. It's the shower. It happened in the shower and it was my dad. I was about 4 or 5. But as sharp as I am in memory, even with trivial matters, I have giant blocks of time in my youth that I cannot recollect a thing. The "main event(s)" being part of that memory lapse. I'm just quietly freaking out as this news is daily thrust upon me. So I joined you guys here. Could use support. Thanks.

#375672 - 11/17/11 04:39 AM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: ksequoia]
mh6893 Offline

You have support here. Despite my experience not being the same as described, I still feel freaked out a bit and extremely angry. With the perp of course, then with the jerks that turned a blind eye and protected their own, and now with the idiot students lamenting the loss of their friggin' coach. Football above innocent children? They use the same language as the perp does to minimize and distract from the real point. Selfish assholes. Can't put themselves in anyone else's shoes.

Jack

#375673 - 11/17/11 04:40 AM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: ksequoia]
mh6893 Offline

If you need to, use the chat function here. You will find supportive voices in real time. Good luck!

Jack

#376018 - 11/19/11 08:27 AM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: mh6893]
mike13 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California USA
I can't believe I agree with Sarah Palin on something. Get a rope. Of course where do we place it around his neck or around his fifth appendage. The world will never know. Mike

#376026 - 11/19/11 09:08 AM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: mike13]
ksequoia Offline
MaleSurvivor

Maybe, this time, the world WILL know. We can't let this creep go free. We need him polygraphed, like, YESTERDAY! Prosecuted, imprisoned, and shown to the world the monster he is. And then we don't shut up, because there are thousands like him out there. We make sure everyone knows there are severe repercussions for these heinous acts. There will be justice! Alone, we can't achieve much. Together, we can do it! We Will Heal!

#376054 - 11/19/11 01:38 PM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: mh6893]
GeorgeMartin Offline

Aside from the dynamics of sexual abuse, the dynamic of being accused by many, and being innocent... yes... I can think of one historical person in my ancestry in historical Americana.

Rebecca Towne and ever so many others throughout New England during the Salem Witch Trials of the later 1600's.

Human beings have not changed that much, that even in 2011 innocent people are still being accused all the time, for criminals acts, they did not commit, whatsoever. A jury still convicts, and years later, the convicted are being released from incarceration "because they were always innocent" ; but yet retrosepctively, many were willing, and apparently able to, accuse a innocent person of wrong doing.

The same is true for Sexual Abuse Allegations, even today.
That does not mean, that I think Sandusky or any of those involved in this sordid mess at Penn State, are even now, telling the truth about the realities of their words and or conduct. And this is NOT to minimize the 'vicitms' in this situation at Penn State or anywhere else.

What happened 319 years ago in Salem MA to the Towne sisters and so many others in Europe and in America, took on a life-of-its-own and so too, this Sandusky business can too. Such is the reality that if Sandusky can't get a Jury Panel who hasn't heard of the case and not informed an opinion, where does that leave the alleged victims to gain some sense of justice, and legal closure. Or their families either? Everyone wants to label Sandusky and or his victims as homosexuals. So with that reality. When will this mess start causing people to become labeled as homosexuals = as child molestors, and someone gets a finger pointed at them, when in reality they are innocent? Just like my ancestors were innocent of the accussations against them.

Maybe y'all just don't get my previous point in making a comparative between Penn State/Sandusky/Joe PA of today and the Witch Trials back in the day?

#376058 - 11/19/11 02:39 PM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: GeorgeMartin]
ksequoia Offline
MaleSurvivor

With all due respect, GM, I do not see the correlation of PSU and the Salem Witch Trials. The events of 1692 were created by Christian fundamentalists, Cotten Mather & Co., that were trying to eradicate, or exterminate the local Native American Indian tribes. They did not want the "savages" influencing their young folk. Tituba was a slave girl stolen from the neighboring tribe. There were many "witnesses" to the "possession of demons", as I understand it, frankly, because they wanted to save their own butts and to be looked favorably upon from Authority. In other words, they were "drinking the Kool-Aid". How many innocent folks were killed in Salem? A dozen or so? And they were all innocent of demonic possession, whatever that is anyway.

So where does a dozen boys claiming "me too!, me too!" correlate to the heinous acts of 319 years ago? What benefits a boy from falsely making that accusation? The accuser, as we often see, takes the burden of risk. In Salem, the accuser is the hero in the eyes of the Church.

Just my take on this.

K.-

Edited by ksequoia (11/19/11 04:31 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling

#376088 - 11/19/11 08:00 PM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: ksequoia]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
The events of 1692 were created by Christian fundamentalists

Actually, this is a very interesting subject to study. The locations through the world where the which trials were at their worst were locations where the church didn't even have an influence. Most of the accusations were more politically driven than anything. Like I said, interesting to study and really dig into it rather than except the "norm" that most people just pass around...

But I agree, there is NOTHING at all in connection with what is going on at PSU and witch trials.

Check you statistics and you'll find that only in about 2% or so of cases are found to be false allegations. And in something like this... the more that come forward the less likely it is only someone out for money like the defense is trying to get people to believe.

Now if we could just keep certain key witnesses from running around lying to get people not to hate them for hanging a poor boy out dry and thus ruining his credibility....

Edited by JustScott (11/19/11 08:01 PM)

#376118 - 11/19/11 10:31 PM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: JustScott]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
His BS is not being believed, plain and simple. There will be too much scrutiny on this one.

The FBI is looking into it with one official saying “It would be inconceivable that we couldn’t find grounds” to make this a federal case. Given that one boy was taken to Florida and Texas for bowl games and abused as well as a New York agency sending a total of five boys to him, I don't see it not being a federal case.

Local Texas authorities have already stated they want in. Haven't heard about Florida yet.

Dept. of Education is investigating violations by Penn State of campus crime reporting requirements.

NCAA is opening an investigation as well. If USC and Ohio State face sanctions for tshirts, agent calls and cell phones, what does child rape bring? Considering that NCAA bowl game perks were part of the perp package, claims of not football related ring a little hollow. Heck, I can accept cracks in the amateur athlete myth, but not this.

Second Mile is shutting down amidst an investigation of it, with one of the leading reporters on this saying the next bombshell may be this charity pimping boys to donors.

The hills are alive but that ain't the sound of music brother.

Edited by catfish86 (11/19/11 10:46 PM)
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#376171 - 11/20/11 08:55 AM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: catfish86]
ksequoia Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks, Catfish. Please keep us posted. K.-

#376218 - 11/20/11 03:02 PM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: ksequoia]
jls Offline

Here's the full interview: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/11/15/jerry-sandusky-interviewed-by-bob-costas-video.html

In the final clip Sandusky is asked point blank if he's sexually attracted to young boys and he can't even give a straight answer. Unbelievable.

#376223 - 11/20/11 04:11 PM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: catfish86]
jls Offline

Originally Posted By: catfish86
I don't see it not being a federal case.

The Mann Act: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mann_Act While originally conceived in 1910 to prevent "white slavery" it is by far the best piece of federal legislation in existence to combat the domestic trafficking of children across state lines for the purposes of sexual exploitation. The FBI has employed it successfully to counter the trafficking of child prostitutes on many occasions and given that Sandusky is also suspected of taking children across state lines for the purposes of sex it could just as easily be applied in his case.

#376666 - 11/24/11 02:43 AM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: jls]
GeorgeMartin Offline

jls, this is what I have been suspecting with Penn State. That MAYBE there has been/is a Pedophilic dynamic going on within that instituion for some time now. I guess we will have to wait for the 'investigations' from various law enforcement agencies, before we will know, as a public.

Sandusky, certainly didn't seem so innocent doing that interview, thats for sure.

#376728 - 11/24/11 11:55 PM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: JustScott]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
Through the years, I've been hearing accounts of vigilante justice as being common-place on CSA cases. I can understand that as parents will become rather motivated to set things straight in their world in an expeditious manner.

The firts one I heard was about 18 years ago when a father found his daughter walking home from a neighborhood miles and miles from home. He picked her up and, under his interrogation she blubbered about the Arcade owner and his violations.

The arcade owner will not be down for breakfast (old-school-Boston style). I've also know one friend who was afforded the 15 minutes and the rubber hose by the Boston Police.

I have old one friend who did time for beating the shite out of a 15 year-old for molesting his 5-yo son. He was sent to a bad-ass prison for "violent acts on a 15 yo." The guard and everyone ensured he was known as beating the kid in retribution of a sex assault. He did his time with a smile and was well cared-for. The Governor on Mass at the time did not want to pardon him from any time, even when $10,000 was offered to the keep peeps.

There MUST become a uniform and official way to handle these cases. The "system" is weak, evidensed by the ZERO responce triggered by the no-one boys...the throw-away boys...the dregs. It appears in this world that the dregs are nearly universally "free fucks."

I can't accept that...ever.

It becomes a bit difficult when someone like SandyBoy is SO exposed in the press and courts.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#376755 - 11/25/11 08:33 AM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: Still]
Obi Online   content
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
robbie,

i've heard many stories like those too....

however, i hope you are not planning on going down that road. i sincerely hope that you are not wanting to become a vigilante in the same way. i can DEFINITELY understand it, but i hope that it's nothing more than just what you posted.

you have wonderful kids and i would hate for you to lose them forever. first by being sent to prison and then by your ex using that to legally take what little time you have with them permanantly away.

please tell me that you are NOT planning on doing that and i just misunderstood your post....

my story

my vlog

#376765 - 11/25/11 10:19 AM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: Obi]
GeorgeMartin Offline

I used to have that sort of 'revenge' thinking about my perps too but it was moreso a internal loathing of having to mentally be reminded of what they did to me/us when a child. I wanted some rest, and for the mental reminders etc to stop.

Over time, it tends to puzzle, more than anything else. But when I was younger, I wanted to remove them, terminate them. Not that such action(s) would solve anything, but it the delusional sort of thinking my thinking at the time, one would think 'once they are terminated, problem solved for me'. It's not good for the soul to have such thinking.

The one perp died of lung cancer, the other (his wife) is still alive, but barely. Let them rot in Hell I think to myself. I vigilantly watch for their further crimminal activity and or obituaries in the hometown papers. One day....they will be gone, or I will be.....

The other perp is still very much alive (for now). And let him be. One day he will meet his end (like we all must) and 'the sooner the better'. But I put in Creator's hands. He gave that scum life, so Creator can only be the one to take that person's life away. Not me.

I completely can relate to what Robbie is expressing in his post, but it is ultimately faulty thinking. Yet, it got me through the days of turmoil back way when.

It really doesn't solve the problem/issues going on for a victim/survivor nor really stop the trauma/PTSD etc. It would only make matters worse. If I followed through with making that 'faulty thinking' a reality.

Aside from that, I have had to realize that Sexual Offenders are human-beings (just like you and I) so they sometimes have spouses, children, mothers fathers grandparents and caring naive friends (as to their condiition/addiction/ complusions of sexually abusing children. Anyone can be a victim and so as a duality, it runs true that ANYONE can become an abuser, given the certain circumstances or whatever. Whether anyone on this site agrees with me or not, on this note is their own business.

Most parents don't imagine their child growing up to be murder's or Meth Addicts and most certainly they don't go around thinking their child is going to grow up to be a sexual predator either. I wonder what Sandusky's mother and father are thinking right now? Or his spouse? What must be going on in their minds over the Penn State allegations etc. How many 'masks' can a human being wear in a day, interacting with various different people?

Answer: As many as they want to. Predators do it all time, and that is why mothers and father' do not 'see' a victim's 'signs' or a prepetrator in their midst. That is how many Predators 'collect' so many victims before being caught (and arrested by the Judicial System).

"Rubbing them (offenders) out" would just continue the trauma for many people. More especially, the person whose 'taking out the garbage' also has possibly a spouse, child(ren), a mother/father, grandparents and caring friends too. How would it be for a person's loved ones to open up the Sunday paper and find out your now arrested for 'taking out the garbage' and they suddenly have to go to court week after week (or month after month) trying to explain their loved one's crimminal actions? It's easy to say to one's self, killing my perp(s) will save a child, and or solve a victims problems' in life that is simply 'faulty thinking'. It nine times out of ten, is more trouble than its worth. 'Let the garbage rot' and get the hell away from it as a person possibly can, is better for the spirit, mind and body. That's what I did, got away from those people, away from that environment. It didn't solve everything, but it made things in my mind a bit more managable mentally, over time.

#376781 - 11/25/11 03:21 PM Re: Sandusky admits he 'horsed around,' claims innocen [Re: GeorgeMartin]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Originally Posted By: GeorgeMartin
'Let the garbage rot' and get the hell away from it as a person possibly can, is better for the spirit, mind and body.

And don't forget to let everyone know where the garbage is, so their kids don't step in it.

John

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.