Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobbyJay (53), john50049 (57), Samii (34)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64017 Topics
446767 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#381977 - 01/10/12 09:56 AM Re: The Loss of Paterno [Re: phoenix321]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
If you read the article, you'll hate Paterno and the Administration even more. the entire place is evil...and THAT comes from an insider.

#381978 - 01/10/12 09:57 AM Re: The Loss of Paterno [Re: phoenix321]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
If you read the article, you'll hate Paterno and the Administration even more. the entire place is evil...and THAT comes from an insider.

Paterno Corruption

#381986 - 01/10/12 10:22 AM Re: The Loss of Paterno [Re: Still]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown

Paterno Corruption

Yeah, reading it. He's all for LIFE IN JAIL FOR PEDOPHILES. I dig it. I did read Penn State itself let Sandusky get away with it because Sandusky was pimping the boys out to alumni when they donating large sums of money. That's not be proven but somehow it made total sense to me.

What this guy is writing sounds exactly like the Catholic Church.

He's very fortunate to have gotten help young. Lucky SOB.

He wrote:
"The general steps survivors use to integrate their past traumas, to shift from victims to survivors to thrivers, include:

1. Revealing secrets and fragments of one's person with licensed, trained and highly regarded / trusted professionals

(Where the fuck do you find those? 13 Ts and I couldn't find one!!!).

Trust is a huge, if not the biggest, issue with survivors. Trust happens when one person knows he or she is safe with someone, or a group. They won't hurt the person when he or she is vulnerable. Predators exploit this trust and use feigned interest and phony gestures to confuse their victims. The goal in recovery is to combine all of one's parts to live as one whole, functional, person with the process to this outcome being assisted by trustworthy and competent counseling professionals.

2. Identify cognitive distortions - fears and criticisms cultivated by the perpetrator and the experience can undermine one's ability to live an autonomous and empowered life. Victims often inaccurately believe they are subservient and dependent on someone more powerful. Healthy survivors separate facts from opinions and live in the current moment, feeling empowered and in control of their destinies.

3. Identify deleterious behavior patterns (submissive or aggressive) fostered by these distortions and choose more positive actions and outcomes with better plans in the present moment. It is important for survivors to recognize the source of their actions, so they can consciously choose better actions. The better outcomes foster better actions and the constructive behavior cycle grows stronger.

4. Integrate one's healthy sense of self with other healthier people to maintain an integrated, whole, functional, mature perspective.

When needed, a combination of talk therapy and pre>

Edited by phoenix321 (01/10/12 10:24 AM)
Edit Reason: edit

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#381996 - 01/10/12 11:26 AM Re: The Loss of Paterno [Re: phoenix321]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
Some of the PTSD symptoms victims may experience include intrusive thoughts, difficulty in distinguishing truth from fiction, hyper vigilance, increased levels of anxiety, fear, and panic, short and long term memory deficits, sleep disruption, and dissociative symptoms. These symptoms keep victims from moving on and living a fulfilling life. Tragically, without constructive intervention, many victims end their lives early.

Wow.... the only ones on that list (From the article Rob posted) is "difficulty in distinguishing truth from fiction".

Still working though!

Thanks for the article Rob, I fully intend to pass it on!

#382012 - 01/10/12 02:21 PM Re: The Loss of Paterno [Re: JustScott]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Nowhere else have I read or heard that PTSD sufferers have "difficulty in distinguishing truth from fiction." Where did THAT come from?

John

#382015 - 01/10/12 02:38 PM Re: The Loss of Paterno [Re: unhappycamper]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Originally Posted By: unhappycamper
Nowhere else have I read or heard that PTSD sufferers have "difficulty in distinguishing truth from fiction." Where did THAT come from?

John

John,

I thought some of his stuff was crap. I think we know more about truth and fiction than anyone.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#382046 - 01/10/12 09:57 PM Re: The Loss of Paterno [Re: phoenix321]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Peace,Rainbows & Healing

Edited by lapchinj (03/17/13 11:41 PM)

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.