Newest Members
FredM88, Vermona, Jas52, oliviaavaxj, biboy24
12109 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
1 registered (Banjo596), 58 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12109 Members
73 Forums
62492 Topics
437996 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#379514 - 12/14/11 11:08 PM Re: The Loss of Paterno [Re: Chase Eric]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Peace,Rainbows & Healing

Edited by lapchinj (03/17/13 11:42 PM)

It will get better....

#379529 - 12/15/11 01:00 AM Re: The Loss of Paterno [Re: lapchinj]
Undefeated Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
Hi Jeff,

I think you are mostly right about children not reporting abuse in the 1050's though the 1990's, but within organizations like the Catholic Church and the Boys Scouts, reports were hidden away and efforts were never made to protect children from abuse. The Boy Scouts for example are now known to have kept secret "perversions files" for decades and didn't do a thing to stop the pedophiles or protect boys in any way. Truly a shameful thing to allow so many lives to be destroyed. I was raised as a Roman Catholic (I am a non-denominational Christian now), but thankfully was never abused by clergy. However, I was abused in very same Catholic church I attended by my Scoutmaster.

Sadly, you are right about abusers adapting to their environment and times. I know abuse is still rampant, but at least kids are more prone to know it's OK to tell someone now. It's a scary world to raise children in.

Thanks again for being so transparent with your story. It helps me.

#379534 - 12/15/11 02:09 AM Re: The Loss of Paterno [Re: Undefeated]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Peace,Rainbows & Healing

It will get better....

#379536 - 12/15/11 02:19 AM Re: The Loss of Paterno [Re: lapchinj]
Undefeated Offline

Jeff,

I want to answer you in more detail in just a bit, but here is a YouTube video from ABC News about the Boy Scout Perversion Files:
YouTube - U.S. Boy Scouts Sex Abuse Lawsuit 18.5 Million, Perversion Files

#379537 - 12/15/11 02:26 AM Re: The Loss of Paterno [Re: lapchinj]
Undefeated Offline

Jeff,

I read Pufferfish's story last night and it nearly made me cry. I also ready yours yesterday and felt like crying too. I am so sorry for both of you and every abused guy here on MS. What happened to me was horrible, but the two of you went through an unbelievable series of abuse. I think the two of you are remarkable in how you encourage the rest of us here. You are appreciated more than you know. BTW, I especially noticed the parts about Boy Scout abuse. Naturally that hits home with me. frown

Thanks again. You are an inspiration to me!

#379539 - 12/15/11 03:37 AM Re: The Loss of Paterno [Re: Undefeated]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Peace,Rainbows & Healing

It will get better....

#381959 - 01/10/12 08:47 AM Re: The Loss of Paterno [Re: lapchinj]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Peace,Rainbows & Healing

Edited by lapchinj (03/17/13 11:43 PM)

It will get better....

#381962 - 01/10/12 08:56 AM Re: The Loss of Paterno [Re: Undefeated]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Undefeated,

I've read a bunch of people's stories on here and it's really sad kids have to go through CSA shit. Have to read Pufferfish's story. It's sometimes hard to find stories when people have tons of posts. I wonder how some of us have lived so long. frown

Edited by phoenix321 (01/10/12 08:58 AM)
Edit Reason: typo

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#381970 - 01/10/12 09:47 AM Re: The Loss of Paterno [Re: phoenix321]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
OK. Its time for my to post this.

My mentor in CSA healing, of ALL things, was a Grad Football Coach at PSU. He wrote an earth-shattering article about what he knows about the inner-workings of the Paterno-world. Here it is via a link.

It will blow your mind!!!

Paterno Corruption

Still's Globs

New Video

#381976 - 01/10/12 09:53 AM Re: The Loss of Paterno [Re: Still]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Robbie,

When I heard Paterno got cancer, I said, "Good." And, so did a bunch of other people. I was shocked how many Yahoo comments said that.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.