Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
1 registered (Kylie), 17 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63219 Topics
442054 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#375001 - 11/11/11 04:13 PM Re: Riots at PSU.... [Re: Rusty563]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
They are rioting because they are in the right.

Joe Paterno should not have been fired. He did exactly what the law required of him as a mandated reporter in Pennsylvania. He reported it up his chain of command. He did not enable it or turn a blind eye to it. As far as I am concerned, he should get his job back.

My question is: Why are WE not rioting FOR Joe Paterno? Why are we not supporting a person that spoke up for the victims?

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#375003 - 11/11/11 04:19 PM Re: Riots at PSU.... [Re: LN3(SS)]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I am sorry I disagree. Maybe he followed the law--but Paterno was is a smart--once you hear inappropriate acts on a child one would ask for specifics and not pass along a broad statement. Second, did he follow up to ensure the issue was properly addressed. Thirdly, Paterno was the campus icon who espoused morality and ethical behavior. He talked the talk but did he walk the talk to ensure these children were safe? I am sorry he had knowledge and should have protected the children. We are here because how many predators were allowed to continue to prey on children because no one did anything.

#375004 - 11/11/11 04:24 PM Re: Riots at PSU.... [Re: Rusty563]
mickeyg1375 Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
A report I just heard was of rumors, not yet proven, that sandusky may have pimped boys out to donors. The official grand jury indictment is available, but is extremely graphic, so beware if you tend to trigger too badly. Sandusky was indicted on 40 counts.

#375006 - 11/11/11 04:56 PM Re: Riots at PSU.... [Re: mickeyg1375]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I also read they are investigating Sandusky in San Antonio TX for abuse on one of the victims when PSU was playing there. I also saw what you mentioned about using the boys from the Second Mile and passing them around to other predators. If true, how could it have kept silent so long? Those poor boys.

#375035 - 11/11/11 11:02 PM Re: Riots at PSU.... [Re: KMCINVA]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

My Question Is: Why is no one rioting for the children?

Paterno had a million plus a year salary, so he's set until he dies. The children are the one's alone with little to nothing and all people scream and care about is one man's job?

Seriously, there are FAR FAR FAR more important things in this world than a stupid sport.

#375106 - 11/12/11 03:27 PM Re: Riots at PSU.... [Re: JustScott]
Rusty563 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Anywhere, USA
Again, I repeat: Evil prevails when good men do nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDOkMSf-F14

#375109 - 11/12/11 05:13 PM - [Re: LN3(SS)]
exhale Offline
MaleSurvivor

-

Edited by exhale (01/13/13 11:31 PM)

#375110 - 11/12/11 05:22 PM Re: Riots at PSU.... [Re: exhale]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I agree with you exhale. Anyone who had knowledge and did not come forward should not be revered in anyway. He allowed it to go on and ruin more children's lives. He was not alone, others in the chain of command are also responsible. I can only image if everyone who ever saw any abuse stepped forward how many lives would have been spared the pain of CSA over time?

#375112 - 11/12/11 05:48 PM Re: Riots at PSU.... [Re: KMCINVA]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
If anyone reads or knows my story, this is the exact, same mentality I faced ALL through seven years of active abuse in my shitty-little, sports-orients home town of DANVERS Massachusetts.

The masses are too self-centered and pigish to even examine themselves in the mirror. Humanity, by its very nature hates mirrors.

But what to do about Penn...? I think back on one of the horrible 1980s slaughters at a California McDonalds. Immediately following all neccesary investigations, the building was torn-down and grassed-over.

I say, with all seriousness; "tear-down the Penn State Football program NOW and for ever!!!" The sports leadership at Penn has shown its true colors...its regard for children...its entirely entitled and self centered ways. There is NO FKG reason to keep it! NONE!!!! It was an institution built upon poison, it now needs for REAL men of TRUE character to stand-up and destroy it.

People throw righteous shit-fits when a sex offender moves within ten miles of their home. Where's the consistent reaction for an actual baby-rape factory? There is none and there never will be.

Still's Globs

New Video

#375115 - 11/12/11 06:13 PM Re: Riots at PSU.... [Re: JustScott]
Frankly Offline
MaleSurvivor

My two cents is that each of the victims was isolated and likely knew not of the other victims. All of the adults who knew were supporting the perpetrator.

The solution to the greater problem is for us to overcome out shame. When the power of us becomes great enough, the shame will be where it properly needs to be placed, on the perpetrators and the networks that support them.

That is why I am here, to tip the shame away from me and onto the perpetrator. We can only do this together.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.