Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
7 registered (lapchinj, john22, Obi, 4 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63412 Topics
443345 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#374863 - 11/10/11 08:47 AM Riots at PSU....
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I sit here thinking about this....

I'm utterly offended that people riot over the firing of Paterno...

Where were the riots over the fact that children were harmed under the noses of those in charge?

Seriously???

Basically what the actions of the people say is: "Golly, we're sorry some kids were hurt, but were outraged and pissed that they fired someone famous who failed to protect those children!"

It's time's like these that the priorities of the American people become utterly and clearly evident.

Americans care more about football and sports than their own children.

#374868 - 11/10/11 09:16 AM Re: Riots at PSU.... [Re: JustScott]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

No way Scott. It was an emotional outpouring of young men and women who have been overwhelemd in days on an issue that we barely comprehend.

I spoke to my son and his best friend before during and after the riot. I knew damn well he would be there and nothing would hold him back. He knows right and wrong, he knew Patterno and Spainer had to go, he sure as hell knows abuse is a horrid thing.

He and the very good young men and women he is friends with on that campus were out there venting their full frustrations.

I wont generalize and speak for 40,000 undergrads who live there, but the ones I know personally got this right and I am very proud of them.

#374869 - 11/10/11 09:24 AM Re: Riots at PSU.... [Re: kb8715]
wayne9 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: alabama
x2 justscott........the worlds priorities are so screwed up...Children were abused and adults who knew about did nothing to protect them.......

#374870 - 11/10/11 09:42 AM Re: Riots at PSU.... [Re: wayne9]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Just reading an article--concern about loss of money to the school--how about loss and robbing a child of his childhood--the value is incalculable. Pisses me off and I am letting it get to me. It is definitely a trigger for me. I hurt for myself and the victims I do not even know. I know what hell they will live.

#374871 - 11/10/11 09:45 AM Re: Riots at PSU.... [Re: KMCINVA]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I'm sure not all the rioters are there supporting paterno, I get that, but all the articles about it make clear that people were demanding that paterno be brought back.

I too am always proud of anyone who takes a stand on issues like this. Sadly though from the news articles I've read and many of the comments/responses posted to them.... we who would tear down the world to save a child, are in the minority.

#374873 - 11/10/11 09:53 AM Re: Riots at PSU.... [Re: JustScott]
wayne9 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: alabama
How they can riot because they want him back........I cannot see how any sane person could want or think he should get his job back. I do understand young people needing to vent. But these are college students. Aren't they mature enough to see what has happened. Children were being abused and a person with the authority as JoePa doesn't follow up enough that this never went further than "he told someone above him" and that's all he thought he should do......HEll NO! He was trying to cover up for the pride on Penn St.

#374886 - 11/10/11 12:02 PM Re: Riots at PSU.... [Re: JustScott]
rws0912 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pa
I AGREE !!! What about the victims?!

Seriously the students are soo worried about a football coach; I thought they were there to learn!? At least now people know this really happens

In Peace

#374887 - 11/10/11 12:21 PM Re: Riots at PSU.... [Re: rws0912]
Hopefulone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ontario
This whole thing is devastating me. These boys are lost in the details...just as most of us here were. My heart is breaking for them. How could any of those involved have stopped talking before that monster was behind bars. They're all guilty...all who knew about it and didn't make sure it was stopped. I'm scared for humanity. People are rioting because a stupid sports coach was fired. Who is rioting for those boys? Who is rioting for us!?

#374890 - 11/10/11 01:21 PM Re: Riots at PSU.... [Re: Hopefulone]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Please read their student paper @ PSU. Read their own voice and see how students there are responding.

Don't stereotype any more than any of us wish to be painted in a broad way either....

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2011/11/07/editorial_sandusky.aspx

#374999 - 11/11/11 04:06 PM Re: Riots at PSU.... [Re: kb8715]
Rusty563 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Anywhere, USA
As far as I'm concerned the people who could have intervened and put a stop to this monster, turned a blind eye thereby making themselves complicit with his actions. I hope they rot.

Evil prevails when good men do nothing...

Edited by Rusty563 (11/11/11 04:11 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDOkMSf-F14

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.