Newest Members
lmarsden, Raysn226, 20;1;14;5., Talman, royalmango
12771 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (40), Harry (34), knigh50 (54), mike54 (57)
Who's Online
4 registered (highflight, 3 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12771 Members
75 Forums
65785 Topics
460124 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#374823 - 11/09/11 08:12 PM Penn State thread
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

I know I"m not the only one whose emotions are going crazy over this Penn State story.

Here's a great column by CBS Sports columnist Gregg Doyel.

So often, we feel forgotten in the world. But today, people got our backs. People like Gregg Doyel:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...-should-be-done

#374825 - 11/09/11 08:27 PM Re: Penn State thread [Re: cant_remember]
Hopefulone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ontario
I've read so much about it. I'm just in shock. So preventable. So sad. It makes me feel like there is nothing we can do. I'm feeling pretty hopeless tonight.

#374835 - 11/09/11 09:18 PM Re: Penn State thread [Re: Hopefulone]
GeorgeMartin Offline

Loc: USA
It really upsets me that people have continued to say:

"Homosexual Pedophile" and "Homosexual Child Rape"

when discussing or posting on forums online or in person regardin the Penn State situations regarding Sandusky and those that surrounded him.

What does one have to do with the other? It would appear that some people would like to vilify homosexuality with pedophelia or sexual molestion of children. Or that Pedophelic persons are merely homosexual's.

Just like in the Catholic Sexual Abuse situations, there are people out there that insist on claiming that the Priests who offended against male children, were simply "homosexual's".

I get really sick of the implied "connections" these ignorant people out there put into forums and postings. Not only as a "gay" man but overall because of what we all have gone through regarding sexual abuse, as children, as teenagers, as adults as well whether by a male perpetrator or a female perpetrator.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.