Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, Obi, tbkkfile), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63579 Topics
444199 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#374613 - 11/07/11 11:06 PM 16 yo runaway male prostitute?
herowannabe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I hope I'm posting this is the right forum... I'm wondering if there are any survivors here who were sexually abused after age 15 and fell into prostitution?

My husband ran away from a physically/emotionally abusive family at age 16 and wound up prostituting himself to men for room and board. I read so much about males abused as pre-pubescent boys, but not about abuse that began as a teen, nor about teen boys who were manipulated into prostitution.

Insight into your experience or direction for me in finding info about this is greatly appreciated.

Blessings-
herowannabe

For I know the plans I have made for you. Plans to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

#374643 - 11/08/11 11:49 AM Re: 16 yo runaway male prostitute? [Re: herowannabe]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
HI herowannabe

There aren't any, there are many. To many to count. A lot of them fall into prostitution and drug abuse. It is a sorrowful state of affairs.
There are many that have recovered, as you can imagine the shame of it all is tremendous, and once the men get over the shame, and he fact that they did it "willingly" they can begin to heal. The hard part is to get them to this point.

You have a special man there, who has been through a hell of a lot and survived, but the next months are going to be telling on you and your husband.
Be strong

Martin

#374729 - 11/09/11 07:04 AM Re: 16 yo runaway male prostitute? [Re: whome]
expom Offline

Loc: Australia
Might be worth checking out the autobiography of Colm O'Gorman called Beyond Belief.

Although he was also sexually abused by a priest as a boy, the rest of his story I think fits as you describe.

He went on to found Ireland's "1 in 4" organisation and then went on to be head of Ireland's Amnesty International.

Hopeful. Interesting. Inspiring.

I like your quote about heros in your signature line. We are called to be His sheep; to hear His voice; to follow Him. The purpose of sheep is what? Wool or meat.

#374923 - 11/10/11 07:50 PM Re: 16 yo runaway male prostitute? [Re: expom]
Chet Offline

Loc: Kingsport, TN
Hero, I was a prostitute from 12 years old till about 15 or 16. I don't know if that could help you, but I'd be glad to answer any questions about it that I can.

Chet

Edited by Chet (11/10/11 08:59 PM)
Edit Reason: typos

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.