Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 77 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63367 Topics
443097 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#374578 - 11/07/11 04:28 PM Darrell Hammond--flashbacks, cutting
GoodHope Offline
MaleSurvivor

I love the quote from this: "The agreement between perpetrator and victim in which the victim agrees to remain silent because he's in fear. I wanted to write about it." - Darrell Hammond

He talks only of physical abuse but so much sheds light on our loved ones...

http://www.npr.org/2011/11/07/141990958/snls-darrell-hammond-reveals-cutting-abuse?sc=fb&cc=fp

#374579 - 11/07/11 04:34 PM Re: Darrell Hammond--flashbacks, cutting [Re: GoodHope]
GoodHope Offline
MaleSurvivor

"I remember reciting a Little Orphan Annie poem about Little Orphan Annie being butchered. I remember that. I remember the floor being red and me bleeding in a vague sense. I remember it was my fault. I remember my hand slammed in the door. My fault. Also electric socket, my fault. All my fault, isn't it? Can you imagine the desperation of a child who chooses to believe that it was all his fault just so he doesn't have to consider the idea that his mother did it? Or that his parents did it? Because, Terry, I'll tell you something, I don't know anything about you, but I think it's completely barbaric to shake hands with and seek help from the person who caused your injury. That will make you sick." Darrell Hammond

#374630 - 11/08/11 08:26 AM Re: Darrell Hammond--flashbacks, cutting [Re: GoodHope]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
The interview was on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross. Very powerful. In all the years of listening, I've never heard a guest break down and reveal so much. You can hear it at:
http://www.npr.org/2011/11/07/141990958/snls-darrell-hammond-reveals-cutting-abuse

I would not be surprised if he were sexually abused as well. He has many of the symptoms of csa, including cutting.

#374634 - 11/08/11 09:25 AM Re: Darrell Hammond--flashbacks, cutting [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Obviously we listen to different media Ken LOL, but he was also on Howard this morning and did a great interview...I got into the car mid interview so missed a bunch of the beginning, but there was ref to his mother and physical abuse....and treatment for "trauma' work....Sadly, with some education, I was thinking he has some CSA in his past.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#374644 - 11/08/11 11:57 AM Re: Darrell Hammond--flashbacks, cutting [Re: Castle]
cris40ky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: KY, US
The ways we survived and coped with CA are practically identical with CSA survivorship.

Personally, my urges to hurt myself came from the incidents of CA. I almost didn't join here as at one point I saw the scars from that abuse as so much more. Like I didn't belong here. Now I know that is not the case. The crap is intertwoven for me.

Just saying CA is enough to cause these symptoms.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.