Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64192 Topics
447954 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#374912 - 11/10/11 04:52 PM Re: Penn State Football [Re: Gretta]
lucylives Offline

Seriously, I am so pissed right now I am beyond myself! Shame on McQueary, spineless ass. How could yu walk in and see that and walk out??? I wonder if he has kids and how he would feel if someone was raping his child and an adult walked in, saw it and left.

How could he not stop it?? How could he not attack Sandusky? Why isn't he fired?????? Shame on him. If nothing else, he should have pickd up a phone IMMEDIATELY and called the police. Not his dad, not Paterno. THE POLICE! If I was the parent (or one of those victims) I woould be at his door right at this moment asking him why he chose to ignore it? Maybe if it was a little girl, he would have called the police but that is bullshit. Boy or girl, what the helll does it matter. I just wish he wold explain himself...

He did have a moral obligation to do something but doesn't he have a legal obligation to turn that asshole in? Could seeing it and not stopping it make him an accessory? I am not an attorney but seeing someone commit a felon and not doing anything should be a crime,if it isn't already.

As for the other assholes at Penn state, shame on you too. I am sure it is so hard to believe it really happened and maybe that is why the coverup. It is so hard to believe that that stuff happens. But McQueay, you saw it with your own eyes and did NOTHING.

Sorry fo the ranting. I am just so PISSED right now.

#374914 - 11/10/11 04:53 PM Re: Penn State Football [Re: lucylives]
lucylives Offline

And he is coaching on Saturday......

I hope someone throws eggs in his face. I hope he is as humilated as those victims.

Yes, I am being judgmental but I don't care. No excuse for that.

#374935 - 11/10/11 09:28 PM Re: Penn State Football [Re: lucylives]
Gretta Offline

I will be surprised if he is there long. I need to turn it off and stop reading I am sick.

#374938 - 11/10/11 09:39 PM Re: Penn State Football [Re: Gretta]
hopeandtry Offline

This whole Penn State thing makes me want to throw up. So triggering. But it is an opportunity for us to educate people about male sexual abuse.

#374944 - 11/10/11 11:57 PM Re: Penn State Football [Re: hopeandtry]
GoodHope Offline
MaleSurvivor

Anyone see Jon Stewart tonight? Last 5 minutes of the show-Awesome!

#374948 - 11/11/11 12:30 AM Re: Penn State Football [Re: GoodHope]
RollerCoaster Offline

Loc: PA, USA
I am a student at Penn State and its shocking to see that people want to cover up child sexual abuse. My suspicion is that people don't really know what it feels like to live life of a sexually abused man. I agree with "hopeandtry" people need to be educated more about child sex abuse. Right now the buzz in the town is mostly about Joe Paterno being fired. People are angry about their fav. coach being fired. I am feeling for the victims, i hope they get some peace.

Very few people are talking about how to help the victims, because most of them have no clue what it is like to be a victim. People need to be educated, people need to educated more on this issue.

#374950 - 11/11/11 12:46 AM Re: Penn State Football [Re: RollerCoaster]
hopeandtry Offline

Sports...don't even get me started. I hate the whole good ol' boy system and any member of "the group" being defended by other members of the group. Actually, this is not just sports...could be clubs, other hobbies, etc.

#374962 - 11/11/11 07:43 AM Re: Penn State Football [Re: hopeandtry]
Gretta Offline

Roller Coaster (good name by the way) I am sorry that's the focus at Penn State. It's a big football town and it's much easier to focus on that then anything else. I hope it makes you feel better to know that most everyone I have talked to are appauled and could care less that JoePa has been fired. They have taken this subject and the time to talk to their kids about sexual abuse.

A very good friend of mine is on the board of trustees and they said it was a no brainer. The president and joepa needed to go. She is now getting threats for the action. CRAZY?

I am confident that from this terrible situation a boy or two have been saved from being abused.

#374964 - 11/11/11 07:55 AM Re: Penn State Football [Re: Gretta]
lucylives Offline

I agree Gretta that it is much easier to focus on the firing of JoePa than anything else. No one wants to think about the fact that this type of abuse happens. If they keep ranting about JoePa, they don't have to deal with their feelings on what really happened to those boys. I think it is just too intense for most people to handle.

#374966 - 11/11/11 08:09 AM Re: Penn State Football [Re: lucylives]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I think it would be a great time for the media to focus on a show about the effects sexual abuse has on the live of those victimized. It seems no one talks about the lifetime effects of abuse on a child. Maybe if more time was spent on showing people how children's lives are destroyed, more people would pay attention. Many deny it happens, others say got over it, others do not want to believe someone they know was abused and there are those who care and support. But the latter understands and the others need to be educated on how the child's life is forever changed.

Edited by KMCINVA (11/11/11 10:55 AM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.