Newest Members
Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt
12132 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
3 registered (Jude, CafeMan, 1 invisible), 64 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12132 Members
73 Forums
62561 Topics
438347 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#374365 - 11/05/11 12:46 PM Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges
StAiNeD Offline

Loc: The Bronx
Hope the whole lot of them get convicted for not trying to stop it.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...erjury-sex-case

Edited by StAiNeD (11/05/11 12:50 PM)

#374375 - 11/05/11 04:03 PM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: StAiNeD]
GoodHope Offline
MaleSurvivor

How are we going to get more people to tell if when they do, no one acts?!? It's 13 years since the first allegation to an arrest? It makes me mad enough to spit!!!!! ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

#374379 - 11/05/11 05:55 PM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: GoodHope]
weharry1959 Offline

Loc: N/W Pennsylvania, USA
Frustrating!!!! Why didn't the PennState Hierarchy...take action? I read the article and read that Mgt defended their actions... I was a Penn State Fan....but Not Now!!!!! It may be throwing the baby out with the bath water. But Until something effective is done, I'll boycott PennState anytime I get the chance.

#374381 - 11/05/11 06:25 PM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: GoodHope]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Good old boy network just covering for each other. Don't you know those coaches are more important than some boy? Come on, these are upstanding members of the community. OK, sarcastic rant over.

Who knows where this will end up. Some pretty powerful people will hopefully get what they deserve.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#374411 - 11/06/11 12:20 AM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: catfish86]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Somebody really needs to make this visible at say.... games when parents bring their kids, prospective student orientations, ...

If they're going to protect the child rapists, let's shine the bright light of day on it.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#374451 - 11/06/11 10:16 AM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: LandOfShadow]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Some further background on this:

Sports Illustrated Article on Sandusky Retiring

In depth Article on scandal including Grand Jury Summary

It gets worse, all six of his children were adopted, many of them foster children. The more I read on this the sicker I feel.

Edited by catfish86 (11/06/11 10:17 AM)

#374452 - 11/06/11 10:26 AM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: catfish86]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

*************TRIGGER WARNINGS******************

Excerpts from deadspin article:

• In March 2002, a graduate assistant stumbled upon Sandusky and a boy showering together at Penn State's football facility. The grand jury report included the horrifying details of what that graduate assistant saw and heard:

As the graduate assistant entered the locker room doors, he was surprised to find the lights and the showers on. He then heard rhythmic, slapping sounds. He believed the sounds to be those of sexual activity. As the graduate assistant put his sneakers in his locker, he looked in the shower. He saw a naked boy ... whose age he estimated to be ten years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant was shocked but noticed that both [the victim] and Sandusky saw him. The graduate assistant left immediately, distraught.

• It is worth noting here what Paterno did upon hearing a first-hand story from a "very upset" graduate assistant, in the words of the report, about "Jerry Sandusky ... fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy": Paterno took no action except to tell his athletic director.

Bottom line, this happened in 2002 and this guy is now being arrested in 2011. Joe Paterno reported it to the athletic director, but if I reported such an incident and nothing was done for 9 years, the lack of follow up is pathetic.

JOE PATERNO MUST RESIGN IMMEDIATELY

Edited by catfish86 (11/06/11 10:28 AM)

#374453 - 11/06/11 10:46 AM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: catfish86]
GeorgeMartin Offline

Loc: USA
Yes, this story is very sickening. Interesting that it was done shortly after the episode on (if memory serves me correctly) Law and Order about a Basketball coach molesting his student players for years.

#374487 - 11/06/11 05:55 PM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: GeorgeMartin]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

The crime is horrific and so was their lack of response.

How do seemingly responsible adults look the other way and live with themselves? Scouting, the Church, now a major educational institution, and the common thread is no one does the right thing when faced with such an obviously horrible crime.

Yeah Terrell...I'm as triggered as you over this.

#374492 - 11/06/11 06:44 PM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: kb8715]
GeorgeMartin Offline

I find that the perpetrator (or plural) "groom" the victim(s), AND those person(s) around the targeted victim(s), so that the victim(s) is isolated, even if they attempt to expose their perpetrator(s) by action(s) or word(s).

It is a sort of dissociation the parent (or plural) seem to go through. For example, how many parents have been told by their son's or daughter's or grandchild(ren) that they have been the victim of abuse (sexual or physical etc) and the parent says something like, "why didn't we see those red flags, shortly after the victimization?" The red flags were there, but the parent(s) were blinded by the grooming of the molester/abuser. Parents do not want to think their child could be a victim of sexual abuse. No one relishes the idea of dealing with their child beign a victim, a family member being a perpetrator of, much like families do not seeem prepared for the possibility their child(ren) might be mentally ill, murdered or a criminal.

I had all the red flags waving when I was a child, no one seemed to have seen them, enough to inquire. I couldn't say anything, because of the threats by the perps, and being groomed as I was, all I had was my child actions to alert adults.

So it is with this coach and those around him. Minimization. Grooming. Dissociation. Denial.

The seemingly responisible adults look the other way (in their minds) so that they can live with themselves. The common thread in the Church, the Boy Scouts, and now major Educational Institutions, is one and or two words. POWER. CONTROL.

#374515 - 11/06/11 11:23 PM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: GeorgeMartin]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

I heard on the TV news that somebody accused him (they say they saw this) of abusing a 10-year-old boy in the shower.

But if they saw this and said nothing....at the time ? Doesn't that make them a co-conspirator in the eyes of the law? (Whatever law pertains in that part of the country - sarcastic comment mad )

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (11/06/11 11:25 PM)

#374536 - 11/07/11 08:03 AM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: pufferfish]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

The AD and Vice-President involved in the reporting have stepped down. One for admin leave to defend himself, the other to retire. Penn State is paying for their defense. The president of Penn State has said he stands behind them. When you review the facts here, it is worse than being reported. Sandusky was investigated in 1998 by campus police, seen by a janitor in 2000 pinning a boy against a wall performing oral sex and in 2002 by graduate asst Mike McQuery sodomizing a 10yo boy in the showers. Yet it is only when his behavior was reported by a mother to a high school staff in 2009 did anything actually happen.

The perjury charge stems from the AD and VP saying they were told it was just horsing around while the grad asst (now position coach) and Paterno say they were clear on what it was. In reaction, the AD & VP did not seek out who the boy was, did not investigate at all, but only decided to tell Sandusky he couldn't bring boys into the shower anymore, yet acknowledged they wouldn't really do anything if he did.

#374538 - 11/07/11 08:05 AM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: catfish86]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

We need to know how much longer Sandusky actually was still involved in the program with what perks.

#374544 - 11/07/11 08:55 AM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: catfish86]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

it sickens me to see how much of this goes on and no one does anything for years. I hope the children now young adults can heal and people believe their story and support them. How many other children were abused and others knew. The Catholic Church is one of the worse, moving priest around and around trying to cover their tracks. How many hurt and abused children are out there--struggling to live, survive and be happy. How many have been turned away, not believed or supported. Probably more than anyone wants to admit. To see the abuse in the shower and let it go it unconscionably. How many more did he hurt after that. It sickens me. I know many of these young boys will have difficulties but hopefully the have a supportive family, will be believed and receive the therapy they need to have the life they deserve. They should lock Sandusky up and throw away the key.

#374546 - 11/07/11 09:54 AM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: KMCINVA]
GoodHope Offline
MaleSurvivor

Pufferfish--the grad assistant told his boss immediately. He just didn't tell the police. His boss told his boss and it stopped right there. Noone went to the police!

Everything about Sandusky is now seen through my jaundiced eye. So I read today that he is a foster parent of many children. Was that an attempt to insinuate himself and his predilections into the lives of children who have no one else (so much so that they have become wards of the state?). His 2nd mile organization serviced underprivileged children--was it willful, premeditated cunning on his part that made him create an organization that would be filled with kids with probably (a) parent(s) so busy trying to eek out a living that they can't give the supervision and attention that kids need?

So I want to see the humanness in Sandusky because I try to see it in everyone, but I just see a sick, predatory bastard and it fills me with rage!

#374550 - 11/07/11 10:58 AM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: GoodHope]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I'd say the answers to your questions Eldee are all "Yes"

Predators go out of their way to ensure they have unfettered contact with children.

#374556 - 11/07/11 12:37 PM TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: JustScott]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
*** Trigger Warning ***

To Pufferfish:

The trend in the law is to require certain employees of certain institutions to report suspected child abuse. In this case, the grad student saw the rape in the shower. He and his father went and told Paterno, the coach, something the next day. Paterno says he didn't say EXACTLY what it was, but that the grad student was very agitated about what he saw. Paterno told the administration of Penn State, who had a legal duty to tell legal authorities.

However, as far as co-conspirator goes, generally, a co-conspirator is one who helps plan a crime before it is committed, or participates in the crime as it is committed. Not reporting a crime is typically not a crime.

Now, if the grad student had seen the crime, and then offered to give the criminal a cover story or an alibi, or offered to hide evidence, then the grad student would have been guilty of certain crimes such as aiding and abetting or obstruction. Each states calls these crimes by different names. However, merely seeing a crime committed does not require you to come forward. We make a special case for child abuse.

Honestly, I find it hard to believe the grad student and his Dad, didn't lay out EXACTLY what they saw to Paterno. At some point, the grad student will say, he's still alive and kicking, so I expect unless there are a whole bunch of plea bargains here, we'll know eventually exactly what the grad student told Paterno the next day.

I'm still disgusted that the grad student didn't interrupt the crime. A ten-year old enduring that, and an adult male didn't have the guts to say, "Hey, stop that!"

Edited by Disappointed (11/07/11 09:45 PM)

#374561 - 11/07/11 01:39 PM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: Disappointed]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I agree with your assessment of what happened. Paterno says he only knew something inappropriate happened between Sandusky and the 10 year old. Inappropriate means unsuitable. Come on, Paterno was a smart man and would have asked what do you mean by inappropriate if he wanted to protect the child. The grad student should have jumped in also to help the child. All seems complicit in this act. My heart hurts for those children, like all of us here we know their pain and can only hope they receive the help needed. Once again an authoritarian figure robs a child or his childhood.

#374587 - 11/07/11 06:19 PM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: KMCINVA]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I didn't initially think about the grad asst doing anything wrong, but you are right, if I walked in on something like that, I would have stopped it right then and there.

Penn State and Joe Paterno will forever be known as thinking of sodomizing 10yo boys as "horseplay".

Joe Paterno, the assistant and the President of Penn State need to resign. What is really sickening is that apparently they are just now banning Sandusky from Penn State Campus. Even sicker, from press accounts so far, Paterno is saying he never spoke to Sandusky about it in nine years of Sandusky still being on campus. The assistant for not stopping it in progress. Paterno for not making damn sure something was done about it. Heading for being in charge when it happened (I am from the military, if there is a screw up, fire the commander, then figure out what happened) but also because after all facts are known pledging "unconditional support" for two guys who saw nothing wrong with sodomizing boys.

#374593 - 11/07/11 07:30 PM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: catfish86]
GoodHope Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: catfish86
after all facts are known pledging "unconditional support" for two guys who saw nothing wrong with sodomizing boys.

Say that, brother.

#374651 - 11/08/11 01:09 PM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: GoodHope]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

At least two major Pennsylvania publish extensive editorials demanding the Penn State President Spanier and Coach Joe Paterno resign. PSU (Pedophile State University) put out a statement that coaches and players at todays normal weekly news conference would not answer questions about the scandal. Now that news conference has been cancelled. The more research I am doing on this into the facts, the more disgusted and convinced I am that Paterno and Spanier need to resign immediately.

A ninth victim has come forward. If you read the details of the grand jury report (warning, VERY TRIGGERING), he has a clear pattern of behavior that seems polished and practiced over a long period of time with many victims. It is hard to know how many victims are out there. Knowing what I do about the grooming habits of predators it is likely this guy was doing this since the late 70's.

#374670 - 11/08/11 03:11 PM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: catfish86]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

The ny times is reporting that the board of trustees is highly upset and wants paterno out. Discussions about when and details are reportedly in process. It may be a matter of days.

#374678 - 11/08/11 03:50 PM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: catfish86]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Hope so. I'm seeing locally (I live only 45 minutes from the Penn State Campus) a move by some to push for a boycott for all PSU Sporting events.

Don't know if that will happen, I can hope though.

#374714 - 11/08/11 10:12 PM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: JustScott]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

This was my note to my son at PSU....the kids up there are very twisted by it all. They hurt bad over what is now known of a place they love...

I love your passion, I love your loyalty, I love your values....hell I taught you those values right? No PSU did not create that monster. No, the pitiful lack of action by a group of leaders does not make PSU less a great place. But those who did too little need to be accountable, if only morally accountable, for not doing the right thing. PSU won't heal until those who did not step up are gone. And the men who were abused need PSU to support their well being. What happened up there can't be taken back. But you and all your very good and decent friends up there can make sure things are done today to help heal Happy Valley. Keep doing good stuff up there...doing good for others is something you and your sister do so well. That comes from your hearts. All my love and respect...Dad

#374796 - 11/09/11 02:53 PM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: kb8715]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

#374812 - 11/09/11 05:56 PM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: pufferfish]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Graduate Assistant Coach Mike McQueary must go. He allegedly walked in and saw this shit and walked out without doing a damned thing.
Athletic Director Tim Curly has to go. He apparently violated the law by not informing police of the information Paterno gave him.
Vice President Gary Shultz has to go for the same reasons.
PSU President Graham Spanier is getting shitcanned as well. Good riddance. He is responsible for the overall operation of the University. Ultimately, as the old saying goes, the buck stops here.

But going after JoePa is wrong. He followed the law, according to the Pennsylvania AG. He reported it up his chain of command. They fell down on the job, not Joe Paterno.

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#374816 - 11/09/11 07:01 PM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: LN3(SS)]
ShOHIO Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Sorry I dont jump in on this kind of stuff till the facts are placed or made public. But have we forgotten that the Grad Student may have been abused himself? (we do not know any facts about him at all, other than he was a grad student and working for the university and the program, with that said he could have been afraid of losing his scholarship and or something else )

Please note I am not saying this is right, yes he should have followed up after telling someone he trusted JoePA, that would be the moral thing to do. But JoePa should have done the right moral thing also and followed up to protect the victim as well as the grad student.

I know with being a coach myself I have a code of ethics to my athletes and others who are not my athletes to protect them at any cost even if it means losing my job. Also, being a victim myself I am over protected of any abuse to any kid.

I think that We need to remember that Joe Paterno had moral obligations to the kids (victums), the staff, the university to step in and do more on this. Yes, he followed the law, but moral laws are something that one has to live with. Besides, it sounds like every one involved brushed it under the table like any matter like this happens...sexual abuse.

Just my thought...right or wrong.

Scot

GROW MY BROTHERS AND STAY STRONG,FOR YOU ARE YOUR STRENGTH!

#374817 - 11/09/11 07:03 PM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: LN3(SS)]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Morality and the law may differ. JoPa admits he did far too little.

The students are protesting their administration and both my kids are there. They are just 2 of many they say.

That's cause for hope.

#374843 - 11/09/11 10:35 PM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: kb8715]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
I'm surprised if anyone is "surprised." In these situations, human nature shows its true colors. I saw this (lived this) first-hand when 4 jocks, with a fierce sence of entitlement had their way with me. The coaches and sport-heads of the town treated the "gifted jocks" as little gods in the making.

I'm experienceing it all over again here in my current town whereas The Lions Club allowed a habitual and registered baby-raper to operate a consessions truck at out child-intensice town fair. Not ONE town leader or Lions Club leader are even willing to discuss what broke-down in safety procedures for this evil shit to have access to the town's children for DECADES!!! All they will discuss with me is that "I'm the asshole for pointing any light on the Lions Club or the town leaders."

True human nature is being displayed here people. Let's try to make certain that the judges don't let the good-ole-boys get off light with this. I know that when I was at Syracuse, star jocks and coaches could get away with ANYTHING they wanted.

Still's Globs

New Video

#374864 - 11/10/11 09:00 AM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: Still]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Talk about an institution that doesn't get it. The continued actions of the PSU administration, staff and students show how pervasive the culture that allowed this abuse is. Consider the timelines of recent events.

Joe Paterno announces he will retire at the end of the season, continuing to receive his adoration by fans and students. Makes the statement that the Board of Trustees need not discuss his fate now.

Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett, recently elected and the former state attorney general that started the investigation 2 years ago. As a state university, the Governor and 3 or 4 members of his cabinet have figurehead status as trustees on the PSU board of trustees but don't actually take the time to participate. After JoePa's announcement, Tom Corbett announced he and his members would be clearing their schedules to attend meetings Thursday and Friday. He stated the Board was failing to take decisive action in the wake of the scandal. He echoed the police head who stated that legal obligations had been met but moral obligations were failed.

PSU Board meets Wednesday night, with the threat of the Governor coming with his cabinet looming, unanimously deciding to fire Joe Paterno and accept the suddenly offered resignation of President Spanier (BTW, a trained family therapist).

PSU students take to the streets and riot over Joe Paterno being fired (he didn't have the guts to do the right thing and retire immediately). They overturn a media truck blaming the media for daring to call JoePa on the carpet for his actions.

Let's see: Grad Asst sees a boy being sodomized and doesn't stop it. He reports it but does nothing but accept promotions while the perp goes unpunished. JoePa does the same, never insisting anything be done. The VP in charge of campus police and AD do nothing but ask Sandusky not to take boys into the showers anymore. The pres signs off on that. Jump back to 1998 where two reports of Sandusky showering naked with boys and hugging them with an erection results in a police report but no charges and Sandusky told not to shower with boys. Then 2000 a temp janitor sees Sandusky give a BJ to a boy but never reports it for unknown reasons. After nine years of nothing being done, Sandusky walks the halls of PSU until finally an investigation by the state results in his arrest. After the governor forces JoePa and his cronies to be fired, the student body as a whole protests in support of JoePa.

All that is needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

THE ENTIRE UNIVERSITY IS IMPLICIT IN THIS AND I HEREBY CONFER UPON PSU THE TITLE OF PEDOPHILE STATE UNIVERSITY.

Edited by catfish86 (11/10/11 09:18 AM)

#374866 - 11/10/11 09:08 AM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: catfish86]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

It is amazing how many people do not get it. It is the children who have been hurt. People seem to be worried about PSU,Paterno and the others who failed to report, act and protect the children. Some were so concerned that Paterno was not fired properly. Well were those children given a chance to have a life free of sexual abuse-no. Dignity should not be shown to those who covered up and let the abuse go on.

It was refreshing to hear some students speak of the victims. Now what is going to be done to help them heal. I hope they do not bury the memories and emotions for decades because their lives will always be impacted by the memories. The children should be found confidentially and treatment provided so they can heal now and not have a life of turmoil. The pain and memories never go away but learning how to process and handle needs to be done sooner than later. I wish I had undertaken decades ago, but I was caught in the trap of denial, like these children will do to survive unless helped NOW!!!

PSU et al should be responsible for helping these children. It will not make up for their failure to protect but it will be a step to help the victims heal and move forward with their lives.

Edited by KMCINVA (11/10/11 09:10 AM)

#374891 - 11/10/11 01:24 PM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: KMCINVA]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Read the voice of the students up there. Give them a chance to understand and do the right things as well....

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2011/11/07/editorial_sandusky.aspx

#374967 - 11/11/11 08:15 AM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: kb8715]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
kb8715,

I get your position that the students will/may come-around to "right thinking." Do or don't, will or won't; none of their attitudes matter to the more serious factor of "official enabling and/or cover-up."

The top leadership is to blame universally. The fact that the underling witnessed a rape and did/said nothing for a day or two, and executed a weak attempt at best, indicates a culture of fear or entitlement.

The witnessed failed to properly act because he feared the Paterno leadership or placed his star-struck career ahead of the child. He could have cracked the rapist's head on the shower floor and would have never seen a courtroom. Instead, he did nothing. THAT is truly disturbing. What type of organizational culture creates such a thing?

No hyperbole intended here: I say give the rapist AND the football leadership a fair trial and then execute them. Execution is called for when/where children are raped and offices of power and influence are exploited to such ends.

Execute them!!

Don't like that? Are our lives not ruined train-wrecks? Mine sure is.

Still's Globs

New Video

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.