Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
5 registered (don64, CafeMan, 3 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63805 Topics
445547 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#374866 - 11/10/11 09:08 AM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: catfish86]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

It is amazing how many people do not get it. It is the children who have been hurt. People seem to be worried about PSU,Paterno and the others who failed to report, act and protect the children. Some were so concerned that Paterno was not fired properly. Well were those children given a chance to have a life free of sexual abuse-no. Dignity should not be shown to those who covered up and let the abuse go on.

It was refreshing to hear some students speak of the victims. Now what is going to be done to help them heal. I hope they do not bury the memories and emotions for decades because their lives will always be impacted by the memories. The children should be found confidentially and treatment provided so they can heal now and not have a life of turmoil. The pain and memories never go away but learning how to process and handle needs to be done sooner than later. I wish I had undertaken decades ago, but I was caught in the trap of denial, like these children will do to survive unless helped NOW!!!

PSU et al should be responsible for helping these children. It will not make up for their failure to protect but it will be a step to help the victims heal and move forward with their lives.

Edited by KMCINVA (11/10/11 09:10 AM)

#374891 - 11/10/11 01:24 PM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: KMCINVA]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Read the voice of the students up there. Give them a chance to understand and do the right things as well....

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2011/11/07/editorial_sandusky.aspx

#374967 - 11/11/11 08:15 AM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: kb8715]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
kb8715,

I get your position that the students will/may come-around to "right thinking." Do or don't, will or won't; none of their attitudes matter to the more serious factor of "official enabling and/or cover-up."

The top leadership is to blame universally. The fact that the underling witnessed a rape and did/said nothing for a day or two, and executed a weak attempt at best, indicates a culture of fear or entitlement.

The witnessed failed to properly act because he feared the Paterno leadership or placed his star-struck career ahead of the child. He could have cracked the rapist's head on the shower floor and would have never seen a courtroom. Instead, he did nothing. THAT is truly disturbing. What type of organizational culture creates such a thing?

No hyperbole intended here: I say give the rapist AND the football leadership a fair trial and then execute them. Execution is called for when/where children are raped and offices of power and influence are exploited to such ends.

Execute them!!

Don't like that? Are our lives not ruined train-wrecks? Mine sure is.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.