Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, gettingstronger, 1 invisible), 39 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64189 Topics
447919 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#374515 - 11/06/11 11:23 PM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: GeorgeMartin]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I heard on the TV news that somebody accused him (they say they saw this) of abusing a 10-year-old boy in the shower.

But if they saw this and said nothing....at the time ? Doesn't that make them a co-conspirator in the eyes of the law? (Whatever law pertains in that part of the country - sarcastic comment mad )

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (11/06/11 11:25 PM)

#374536 - 11/07/11 08:03 AM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: pufferfish]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
The AD and Vice-President involved in the reporting have stepped down. One for admin leave to defend himself, the other to retire. Penn State is paying for their defense. The president of Penn State has said he stands behind them. When you review the facts here, it is worse than being reported. Sandusky was investigated in 1998 by campus police, seen by a janitor in 2000 pinning a boy against a wall performing oral sex and in 2002 by graduate asst Mike McQuery sodomizing a 10yo boy in the showers. Yet it is only when his behavior was reported by a mother to a high school staff in 2009 did anything actually happen.

The perjury charge stems from the AD and VP saying they were told it was just horsing around while the grad asst (now position coach) and Paterno say they were clear on what it was. In reaction, the AD & VP did not seek out who the boy was, did not investigate at all, but only decided to tell Sandusky he couldn't bring boys into the shower anymore, yet acknowledged they wouldn't really do anything if he did.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#374538 - 11/07/11 08:05 AM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: catfish86]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

We need to know how much longer Sandusky actually was still involved in the program with what perks.

#374544 - 11/07/11 08:55 AM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: catfish86]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

it sickens me to see how much of this goes on and no one does anything for years. I hope the children now young adults can heal and people believe their story and support them. How many other children were abused and others knew. The Catholic Church is one of the worse, moving priest around and around trying to cover their tracks. How many hurt and abused children are out there--struggling to live, survive and be happy. How many have been turned away, not believed or supported. Probably more than anyone wants to admit. To see the abuse in the shower and let it go it unconscionably. How many more did he hurt after that. It sickens me. I know many of these young boys will have difficulties but hopefully the have a supportive family, will be believed and receive the therapy they need to have the life they deserve. They should lock Sandusky up and throw away the key.

#374546 - 11/07/11 09:54 AM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: KMCINVA]
GoodHope Offline
MaleSurvivor

Pufferfish--the grad assistant told his boss immediately. He just didn't tell the police. His boss told his boss and it stopped right there. Noone went to the police!

Everything about Sandusky is now seen through my jaundiced eye. So I read today that he is a foster parent of many children. Was that an attempt to insinuate himself and his predilections into the lives of children who have no one else (so much so that they have become wards of the state?). His 2nd mile organization serviced underprivileged children--was it willful, premeditated cunning on his part that made him create an organization that would be filled with kids with probably (a) parent(s) so busy trying to eek out a living that they can't give the supervision and attention that kids need?

So I want to see the humanness in Sandusky because I try to see it in everyone, but I just see a sick, predatory bastard and it fills me with rage!

#374550 - 11/07/11 10:58 AM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: GoodHope]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I'd say the answers to your questions Eldee are all "Yes"

Predators go out of their way to ensure they have unfettered contact with children.

#374556 - 11/07/11 12:37 PM TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: JustScott]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
*** Trigger Warning ***

To Pufferfish:

The trend in the law is to require certain employees of certain institutions to report suspected child abuse. In this case, the grad student saw the rape in the shower. He and his father went and told Paterno, the coach, something the next day. Paterno says he didn't say EXACTLY what it was, but that the grad student was very agitated about what he saw. Paterno told the administration of Penn State, who had a legal duty to tell legal authorities.

However, as far as co-conspirator goes, generally, a co-conspirator is one who helps plan a crime before it is committed, or participates in the crime as it is committed. Not reporting a crime is typically not a crime.

Now, if the grad student had seen the crime, and then offered to give the criminal a cover story or an alibi, or offered to hide evidence, then the grad student would have been guilty of certain crimes such as aiding and abetting or obstruction. Each states calls these crimes by different names. However, merely seeing a crime committed does not require you to come forward. We make a special case for child abuse.

Honestly, I find it hard to believe the grad student and his Dad, didn't lay out EXACTLY what they saw to Paterno. At some point, the grad student will say, he's still alive and kicking, so I expect unless there are a whole bunch of plea bargains here, we'll know eventually exactly what the grad student told Paterno the next day.

I'm still disgusted that the grad student didn't interrupt the crime. A ten-year old enduring that, and an adult male didn't have the guts to say, "Hey, stop that!"

Edited by Disappointed (11/07/11 09:45 PM)

#374561 - 11/07/11 01:39 PM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: Disappointed]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I agree with your assessment of what happened. Paterno says he only knew something inappropriate happened between Sandusky and the 10 year old. Inappropriate means unsuitable. Come on, Paterno was a smart man and would have asked what do you mean by inappropriate if he wanted to protect the child. The grad student should have jumped in also to help the child. All seems complicit in this act. My heart hurts for those children, like all of us here we know their pain and can only hope they receive the help needed. Once again an authoritarian figure robs a child or his childhood.

#374587 - 11/07/11 06:19 PM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: KMCINVA]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I didn't initially think about the grad asst doing anything wrong, but you are right, if I walked in on something like that, I would have stopped it right then and there.

Penn State and Joe Paterno will forever be known as thinking of sodomizing 10yo boys as "horseplay".

Joe Paterno, the assistant and the President of Penn State need to resign. What is really sickening is that apparently they are just now banning Sandusky from Penn State Campus. Even sicker, from press accounts so far, Paterno is saying he never spoke to Sandusky about it in nine years of Sandusky still being on campus. The assistant for not stopping it in progress. Paterno for not making damn sure something was done about it. Heading for being in charge when it happened (I am from the military, if there is a screw up, fire the commander, then figure out what happened) but also because after all facts are known pledging "unconditional support" for two guys who saw nothing wrong with sodomizing boys.

#374593 - 11/07/11 07:30 PM Re: TRIGGER Warning *** Penn State AD Tim Curley [Re: catfish86]
GoodHope Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: catfish86
after all facts are known pledging "unconditional support" for two guys who saw nothing wrong with sodomizing boys.

Say that, brother.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.