Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 16 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443003 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#374365 - 11/05/11 12:46 PM Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges
StAiNeD Offline

Loc: The Bronx
Hope the whole lot of them get convicted for not trying to stop it.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...erjury-sex-case

Edited by StAiNeD (11/05/11 12:50 PM)

#374375 - 11/05/11 04:03 PM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: StAiNeD]
GoodHope Offline
MaleSurvivor

How are we going to get more people to tell if when they do, no one acts?!? It's 13 years since the first allegation to an arrest? It makes me mad enough to spit!!!!! ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

#374379 - 11/05/11 05:55 PM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: GoodHope]
weharry1959 Offline

Loc: N/W Pennsylvania, USA
Frustrating!!!! Why didn't the PennState Hierarchy...take action? I read the article and read that Mgt defended their actions... I was a Penn State Fan....but Not Now!!!!! It may be throwing the baby out with the bath water. But Until something effective is done, I'll boycott PennState anytime I get the chance.

#374381 - 11/05/11 06:25 PM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: GoodHope]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Good old boy network just covering for each other. Don't you know those coaches are more important than some boy? Come on, these are upstanding members of the community. OK, sarcastic rant over.

Who knows where this will end up. Some pretty powerful people will hopefully get what they deserve.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#374411 - 11/06/11 12:20 AM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: catfish86]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Somebody really needs to make this visible at say.... games when parents bring their kids, prospective student orientations, ...

If they're going to protect the child rapists, let's shine the bright light of day on it.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#374451 - 11/06/11 10:16 AM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: LandOfShadow]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Some further background on this:

Sports Illustrated Article on Sandusky Retiring

In depth Article on scandal including Grand Jury Summary

It gets worse, all six of his children were adopted, many of them foster children. The more I read on this the sicker I feel.

Edited by catfish86 (11/06/11 10:17 AM)

#374452 - 11/06/11 10:26 AM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: catfish86]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

*************TRIGGER WARNINGS******************

Excerpts from deadspin article:

• In March 2002, a graduate assistant stumbled upon Sandusky and a boy showering together at Penn State's football facility. The grand jury report included the horrifying details of what that graduate assistant saw and heard:

As the graduate assistant entered the locker room doors, he was surprised to find the lights and the showers on. He then heard rhythmic, slapping sounds. He believed the sounds to be those of sexual activity. As the graduate assistant put his sneakers in his locker, he looked in the shower. He saw a naked boy ... whose age he estimated to be ten years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant was shocked but noticed that both [the victim] and Sandusky saw him. The graduate assistant left immediately, distraught.

• It is worth noting here what Paterno did upon hearing a first-hand story from a "very upset" graduate assistant, in the words of the report, about "Jerry Sandusky ... fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy": Paterno took no action except to tell his athletic director.

Bottom line, this happened in 2002 and this guy is now being arrested in 2011. Joe Paterno reported it to the athletic director, but if I reported such an incident and nothing was done for 9 years, the lack of follow up is pathetic.

JOE PATERNO MUST RESIGN IMMEDIATELY

Edited by catfish86 (11/06/11 10:28 AM)

#374453 - 11/06/11 10:46 AM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: catfish86]
GeorgeMartin Offline

Loc: USA
Yes, this story is very sickening. Interesting that it was done shortly after the episode on (if memory serves me correctly) Law and Order about a Basketball coach molesting his student players for years.

#374487 - 11/06/11 05:55 PM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: GeorgeMartin]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

The crime is horrific and so was their lack of response.

How do seemingly responsible adults look the other way and live with themselves? Scouting, the Church, now a major educational institution, and the common thread is no one does the right thing when faced with such an obviously horrible crime.

Yeah Terrell...I'm as triggered as you over this.

#374492 - 11/06/11 06:44 PM Re: Penn State AD Tim Curley faces charges [Re: kb8715]
GeorgeMartin Offline

Loc: USA
I find that the perpetrator (or plural) "groom" the victim(s), AND those person(s) around the targeted victim(s), so that the victim(s) is isolated, even if they attempt to expose their perpetrator(s) by action(s) or word(s).

It is a sort of dissociation the parent (or plural) seem to go through. For example, how many parents have been told by their son's or daughter's or grandchild(ren) that they have been the victim of abuse (sexual or physical etc) and the parent says something like, "why didn't we see those red flags, shortly after the victimization?" The red flags were there, but the parent(s) were blinded by the grooming of the molester/abuser. Parents do not want to think their child could be a victim of sexual abuse. No one relishes the idea of dealing with their child beign a victim, a family member being a perpetrator of, much like families do not seeem prepared for the possibility their child(ren) might be mentally ill, murdered or a criminal.

I had all the red flags waving when I was a child, no one seemed to have seen them, enough to inquire. I couldn't say anything, because of the threats by the perps, and being groomed as I was, all I had was my child actions to alert adults.

So it is with this coach and those around him. Minimization. Grooming. Dissociation. Denial.

The seemingly responisible adults look the other way (in their minds) so that they can live with themselves. The common thread in the Church, the Boy Scouts, and now major Educational Institutions, is one and or two words. POWER. CONTROL.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.