Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (Jay1946, Mr. Malaise, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63179 Topics
441785 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3742 - 08/21/01 08:46 AM Re: Board Concerns - Please Read...
Just Call me J Offline

Loc: Inland Empire, California
Absolutely!

Urso, no worries about your writings. My response to something you wrote is MY business (unless you were to intentionally write something inflammatory, which you did not). It's based upon MY own experiences in MY life, which you have no knowledge. Therefore, it's not YOUR responsibility. I was making the point that I made a choice to get out, when I found myself feeling what I felt (I think I even responded at the time that it wasn't a judgement on the poem itself). If anything, it shows the potency of your poetry.

I am all for being sensitive to those who are healing. But the flip side of that is being so supersensitive to what you are writing, that it no longer helps you. And that would be yet another tragedy in our lives.

Heh, we're spending so much time apologizing to each other! Let's get back to what's on our minds! I'll see you guys in the other topics!

J
We're in this together.

#3743 - 08/21/01 08:39 PM Re: Board Concerns - Please Read...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Guys, don't worry, no one is trying to tell you not to talk about your abuse...

I just want this to be a safe place for everyone... and not everyone is at the same place at the same time...

I like the idea of putting "May Trigger" at the top of a post and then leaving a few lines blank... That way, people can choose if they're ready to read a graphic post or not...

I'm glad so many people gave feedback... Now, we just have to try to remember to use "May Trigger" at the beginning of the post...

And this isn't set in stone, we can keep talking about it and adjusting it, or even getting rid of it if it doesn't work...

Just try to remember that there are lots of people just starting to deal with their abuse that come here, and we want them to find support - not get scared off! \:D

tat2bear

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.