Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
7 registered (Robert Barrett, pufferfish, lapchinj, Cthulhu, 2 invisible), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63177 Topics
441780 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#384132 - 02/02/12 12:46 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: traveler]
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: traveler
Just changed my avatar - So I thought i owed an explanation...

Here's an intro to the "new ME"

My new avatar is also a Caravaggio painting Ė David with the Head of Goliath, 1608. Recently Iíve been feeling like Iíve made some progress and donít want to identify as much with the victim status of my old avatar, Isaac being sacrifice.

Lee,

Is this a "heads up"? ( smile )

I like your new avatar and your discussion is meaningful.

Puffer

#384168 - 02/02/12 07:58 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: pufferfish]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
Yessir,Puffer,

I think i'm making some progress. I think i might even be starting to like myself a little bit more. more hopeful and getting some self-confidence and sense of autonomy.

Thanks for the acknowlegement. I usually appreciate your posts a lot.

Lee

and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#384351 - 02/04/12 07:32 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: ANDREW63]
BeesHive Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
I've used my avatar on various sites for quite a while now.
It's Alita from Battle Angel Alita a Japanese Magna character.
There's some parts of the story that I really identify with.

Beeshive, is also a screen name that I've used in other places.
I legally changed my name to Bobbie Bees a few years ago in an attempt to put what happened on CFB Namao to rest. Well, it didn't work for that purpose. But it did let me move on in other aspects of my life.

Edited by BeesHive (02/04/12 07:33 PM)

Abused and betrayed in 1980.
The former by a babysitter, the latter by the Candian Armed Forces.
Heavily damaged BUT not destroyed.......

#384414 - 02/05/12 02:55 AM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: BeesHive]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hi Bobbie,
I adore Japanese manga and I like your avatar. I've gave very short look on Alita's story and I've find it interesting. When I'll have more time I would like to read it smile!
Discovering our own past and look for answers is everlasting quest for many of us.
Be well!

#384430 - 02/05/12 09:12 AM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: peroperic2009]
trb1345 Offline

Loc: NY
Hiya's,

My username is my initials followed by a set of numbers that have special meaning to me. My av is of me at 10, just after the abuse started. I picked that one so I remind myself of who I must be true to first before all others.

Tommy

Edited by trb1345 (02/05/12 09:20 AM)

-My favorite book.

#385031 - 02/09/12 09:10 AM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: trb1345]
Daniel_forgotten Offline

Daniel is because that's the alter who made the move in the internet to find some help. forgotten is a combination of things.. like.. since we have DID parts like Daniel might be forgotten and negated. -"he" doesnt exists it's just that i am crazy- kind of thought happens often.. also, the feeling so many people i met in my life just tries to forget about me to move on because im a pain too hard to handle.

my avatar is something sad and funny at the same time. "stupid ugly monkey" is how i was called as a child sometimes by my dad. it was an affectionate name. dad both loved me and abused me. i both love him and hate him.

when you type "stupid ugly monkey" this image pops up, with an additional word: "stupid-ugly-ANGRY-monkey"

#385035 - 02/09/12 09:25 AM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
Daniel forgotten... smile frown

Edited by traveler (02/09/12 09:26 AM)
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#385049 - 02/09/12 12:56 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: traveler]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Great topic, Really loved reading about the avatars.

It Should be Who-me but it ended up whome, and that is for the times I was asked by my Dad are you being abused, and I would reply Who Me????
Only told him three weeks ago about the abuse and he said "I knew it, why didn't you tell me" How do you answer that?

The avatar is a geological matrix, and the group I have started is called Matrix men, meaning a hard outer shell with Gems inside. Pretty much like all survivors, we have developed a hard outer shell, but we are all Gems inside.

Thanks for the Great Post.

Martin

#385058 - 02/09/12 02:31 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: whome]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Originally Posted By: whome
"I knew it, why didn't you tell me" How do you answer that?

My global answer to this, although I havent told my parents this...I never felt safe enough to say anything.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#385070 - 02/09/12 07:34 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: dgoods]
EvanCan Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is a great thread.
Thank You to all of you who have shared your names and avatars.
When I was a little boy, I wanted to be named "Evan" instead of my real name.
I thought I would be perfectly happy if I were named Evan.
"EvanCan" is a name to signify that Evan "can" heal, grow, recover, mature, and be happy.
My avatar is a beautiful creation of God who swims majestically and powerfully and inspires wonder and joy in others. That's who Evan and I want to be.
Shalom.

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.