Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
2 registered (susie, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64188 Topics
447911 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#374155 - 11/03/11 11:14 AM Child abuse video surfaces on the web
just me Offline

Major trigger warning (If you choose to seek out the whole video, beware it can be a major trigger)

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/15941316/child-abuse-video-surfaces-on-the-web

Amarillo, Texas----A YouTube video depicting a Texas judge beating his daughter is stirring up heat at local child advocacy centers all across the state and right here in the Panhandle.

The CASA advocacy center says beatings like the one in this video are more common than we think.

"We have had over 1400 confirmed cases of child abuse within the 7 counties we serve in the Panhandle," says CASA Development Director Valerie Fulkerson.

The video above was allegedly taken back in 2004 and depicts Aransas County Judge William Adams beating his then 16-year-old daughter, Hilary.

"Yes that's me," Adams said. "I lost my temper and spanked her. Her mother was there and she wasn't hurt. This was a long time ago."

Fulkerson says the video surfacing 7 years after the alleged attack is not uncommon.

"A lot of times these children suffered abuse for many years and she may have just gotten to the point to where she couldn't take it anymore," she said.

"I apologized to her," Adams said. "In my mind, I haven't done anything wrong but discipline my child."

Aadams has not been charged with any crime. The Texas Rangers and Rockport Police Department have taken over this case.

#374171 - 11/03/11 02:04 PM Re: Child abuse video surfaces on the web [Re: just me]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Abuse has been defined as "inflicting any mark on a child that is noticeable for longer than a few moments." Under that definition, a child being hit repeatedly with a belt with his intensity would most certainly have marks.

"Difficult to prove, impossible to forget", seems to be the motto of the survivor.

Thank you for sharing this, just me.
Sam

#374264 - 11/04/11 10:44 AM Re: Child abuse video surfaces on the web [Re: SamV]
learning2remember Offline

Loc: Europe
Thanks for sharing this. It is terrible to watch, but it looks like the media folks are taking it seriously, and that is good. I can't help wondering if the judge can tell he's in big trouble and is trying to manage that, or whether he really thinks that all will agree it just isn't a big deal.

And, while I'm wondering things....VIDEO??!!??

WHO taped that? Why? Who leaked it?

I feel for the woman who received that beating, and wish her well in her healing.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.