Newest Members
Francis Xavier, JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish
12438 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dannyboy22 (31), ScorpioBlue (45), Wife - Survivor (70)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12438 Members
74 Forums
63857 Topics
445882 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#373692 - 10/29/11 08:44 AM Time spent with my dad.
ANDREW63 Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi Guys, i have had a fantastic day today with my dad we had coffee in the morning at our local bike shop ,spent time looking over a Kawasaki W650 sidecar combination , then this afternoon we went and saw the Isle of Man TT close to the edge 3D movie at the cinema ,tomorrow we will go to a local race track and watch the son of my manager race his bike ,the time that we spend together to me is priceless .cheers Andrew.

#373693 - 10/29/11 08:57 AM Re: Time spent with my dad. [Re: ANDREW63]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Sounds wonderful, Andrew. Those times together can be cool, yes? I will be driving to see my dad next week for his 80th birthday. I figure he won't be around forever so I'm making the most of these visits.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#373899 - 10/31/11 02:52 PM Re: Time spent with my dad. [Re: FormerTexan]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
Hi, Andrew and Andrew.

This is great! Take advantage of the time you have with your fathers. It is very special time, and time that not all survivors can enjoy. I was fortunate to have a wonderful father, and just lost him October 3rd, five days before his 84th birthday. I miss him terribly, but have such wonderful memories of him. I'm so glad to see you guys enjoying your dad's. Good parents are an incredible blessing from above!

Peace,

John

About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#373926 - 10/31/11 10:06 PM Re: Time spent with my dad. [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Sounds like you're having an idyllic time with your Dad, Andrew--envy, envy! My Dad smoked like a stove and died when I was just 3 y.o.--not whining, just suggesting another reason to appreciate what you have. Also, these days I'M the dad, and I don't seem nearly as interesting as yours! ;^} Cheers...

John

p.s.: Don't smoke! Save your lungs... and some money!

#373955 - 11/01/11 03:59 AM Re: Time spent with my dad. [Re: unhappycamper]
ANDREW63 Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi Guys, thanks for your replies my mum and dad mean the world to me .their well being means more to me than anything,i think this is what is stopping me from ever disclosing my CSA to them as they are both now in their 70s ,cheers Andrew.

#373991 - 11/01/11 03:19 PM Re: Time spent with my dad. [Re: ANDREW63]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
I hear you on that one, Andrew. I never disclosed to my parents, either. They can't do anything about it now, and I think it would crush them to know they hadn't stopped it.

Peace,

John

About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#374098 - 11/02/11 06:53 PM Re: Time spent with my dad. [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Andrew,

It is great that your having this "time" with your dad. I believe our parents empower us. Your dad is empowering you. I am very happy for you.

I got to "experience" sometime with my dad. I longed to be with him all my life. I was pulled away from my dad by a very jealous and angry mom.

Peace,
Avery

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.