Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
5 registered (BuffaloCO, CheerfulJohn, 3 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64020 Topics
446789 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#373976 - 11/01/11 12:28 PM Ohio (female) Gym Teacher Jailed--Trigger Warning
just me Offline

http://abcnews.go.com/US/ohio-gym-teacher-jailed-sex-students/story?id=14831933

I'm confused....how is this only 4 years. Were the boys considered the age of consent? Was the only crime a "teacher boundary" violation....Would the outcome be the same if the teacher was male??? The judicial system certainly seems broken to me.

#373993 - 11/01/11 03:21 PM Re: Ohio (female) Gym Teacher Jailed--Trigger Warning [Re: just me]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
I'm thinking along the same lines, just me, except I'm wondering if the outcome had been different if the students were girls.

About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#374069 - 11/02/11 11:41 AM Re: Ohio (female) Gym Teacher Jailed--Trigger Warning [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
wgrrcb Offline

Edited by wgrrcb (02/20/13 03:37 PM)

#374087 - 11/02/11 04:58 PM Re: Ohio (female) Gym Teacher Jailed--Trigger Warning [Re: wgrrcb]
learning2remember Offline

Loc: Europe
Think about what the gentleman says at the end, though--it's not just about age, but about TRUST students place in teachers. I think it could have been a longer sentence, and they should keep her in the full four years, but I'm also just glad it is one more conviction and that more and more people are realizing that such cases of women abusing boys really is abuse. I think we are seeing some progress.

#374478 - 11/06/11 04:58 PM Re: Ohio (female) Gym Teacher Jailed--Trigger Warning [Re: just me]
jls Offline

Same goes for those who will make excuses for it i.e. people that will say there was no trauma and that these boys should feel lucky to have "gotten some". You can be gauranteed these same apologists for female sex offenders would be howling with outrage about the short sentence if the perpetrator was male. Also, what is it with women sex offenders and using insanity as a defence? This is hardly seen when the accused is male yet when women abuse they somehow always need help, not condemnation. As far as I'm concerned there should be no insanity defence for sexual abuse or assault under any circumstance. If one seeks sexual gratification at another's expense the intent should speak for itself.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.