Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
3 registered (blockade, jq19712, 1 invisible), 53 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62513 Topics
438098 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#37393 - 03/15/04 12:07 AM How do you keep going . . . . . . . . . . . .
Yves Offline

Loc: Canada
What keeps you going when it seems all is lost. What's the number one thing that makes you want to hold your head above the water? I can't think of anything anymore. Please can you tell me what works for you?

~Yves

#37394 - 03/15/04 01:03 AM Re: How do you keep going . . . . . . . . . . . .
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
The fact that not surviving is not an option. Our life is too precious to let it go without fighting for it with all our might.

When I did my very stupid overdose, I realized the stupidity of it and called for help. The doctors had to put me under to pump my stomache, when I came to, my first response was "Why should I have to be the one to die?" Why? There is no reason for me to be the one. Let those that victimized me, but not me. What I am saying is that the will to live, to not give into the traps and pitfalls of life, keep me going.

Bill

#37395 - 03/15/04 05:28 AM Re: How do you keep going . . . . . . . . . . . .
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

lady theo.

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

#37396 - 03/15/04 06:46 AM Re: How do you keep going . . . . . . . . . . . .
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yves,

I hear ya, Yves. Here it is 2:21 AM and I've just awakened from my first round of sleep. Not sleeping too well these past months. Am I getting closer to something?
I guess to answer you directly, I'd have to say that it's been my family that's kept me going. I'm the old guy here and I've lived with this shit for almost longer than anyone here. Why isn't it gone? Am I suggesting that it never goes away, so get used to it? No, I'm not saying that at all.
I've had a new therapist since October, and yes, I am getting closer to something. Tomorrow is a D-Day of sorts for me. Ides of March, as another way to say it. My therapist left me with a cliff hanger last week and he didn't have any more time to discuss it any further. Nice guy, huh, brings up a life changing subject and then says that he doesn't have any more time to discuss it? You better believe it that today's session will be lively!!
Family has been what's kept me going. My wife and two daughters have kept me going. Now that I've found a therapist who is actually talking to me about the abuse...ya, my psychiatrist of 7 years never really talked about the abuse in my life. Now, I'm looking forward to the health that my therapist says is mine.
It's yours too, Yves, hang in there, confide in a good friend, if necessary, tell your therapist everything, work on your recovery until you find someone who's willing and able to help.
You're important to us here and we're not leaving you behind.
Contact Rick Goodwin, member #1154, Exec Dir of the Men's Project in Ottawa or Mike Church, or Ken Singer to help you find someone in Canada
for a therapist if you need one. Ken, Rick and Mike and Dave have been God-sends for me, as well as the others here..count yourself among them, now.
Keep swinging, keep punching, keep chopping at it, you'll get there.

Peace, courage and strength,

David

#37397 - 03/15/04 07:41 AM Re: How do you keep going . . . . . . . . . . . .
LupinIII Offline

My Wife and two children.

Experience: I know that what goes down must also come up. It is always true that "and this too shall pass."

...and of course: I'm a survivor...it's what I do.

#37398 - 03/15/04 07:58 AM Re: How do you keep going . . . . . . . . . . . .
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ohio
i dont always understand God, but i have been taught that suicide is a sure ticket to damnation. one thing you dont have time to repent of, so it automatically dooms your soul. i dont think i completely believe that, in fact i am sure i dont, but it i have enough doubts that it has always made ending it unthinkable. i dont claim to know what awaits us, but i have enough doubts that i cannot risk it. that works for me. i guess we all have that something that keeps us here.

#37399 - 03/15/04 08:42 AM Re: How do you keep going . . . . . . . . . . . .
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Hope.

Even when there isn't any. Even when there's none in me. To lose all hope means that there's no reason for existance, and I refuse to bow to that conclusion.

The search for hope can be reason alone.

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#37400 - 03/15/04 09:27 AM Re: How do you keep going . . . . . . . . . . . .
Texas_Mike Offline

Loc: San Antonio, Texas-The Lone-St...
life is precious..life can be good too.

stop beating yourself up-------it was a crime against you. treat yourself like you would do your friends.

ivan is right on the money-finding a good T is helpful; most important. volunteer your time;http://spaz.ca/aaron/billious/RCYS/

nobody deserved what happen to any of us--

exercise or just a simple thing like working in the yard-be creative.

be good to yourself...........

wishing you happiness and success

Run 2 Live-Live 2 Run

Best,
"The Desert Runner" Mike

#37401 - 03/15/04 01:09 PM Re: How do you keep going . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Yves: Actually there are two things that keep me going.

1. Is my wife and daughter, the only constants in my life.

and 2. I will never let those damned perps or my customers win. I cannot lose. I will not give them the ultimate victory. My anger is well placed now.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#37402 - 03/15/04 01:25 PM Re: How do you keep going . . . . . . . . . . . .
breakinfree Offline

Loc: MA
My Angel,

I am lucky that someone looked into my eyes and saw past the person I acted like and saw the real me inside and still loved me. She treats me as though I am worthy. I stay because I am trusting someone for the first time in I don't know how long. I keep going because I "FEEL' loved and "feel" love for her and I want to see in me what it is she sees in me. Because if she loves me that much, there must be something good about me..and, I am not ready to lay down my cards yet, for if I do I know I will have lost. I am still playing..I am staying for US, you and me honeybee. One..
Chris

Alice Lee Longworth

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.