Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
2 registered (cant_remember, Bluedogone), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447595 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#373658 - 10/28/11 09:17 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: ANDREW63]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
From my intro here, back in September '08:

"My screen name is the name of a monster I used to have in my nightmares during early childhood; half-fish and half-chicken, in my dreams it would rise up from behind the headboard of my bed to come after me. Fishy Chickens turned out to be the least of my troubles."

Peace,

John

About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#374269 - 11/04/11 12:34 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
Torch Offline

My name is the main character from a favorite album of mine, Clutching at Straws by Marillion, and character in the album is a man who trudges through life in an alcoholic daze, watching the world crumble around him. My avatar is a work of Roger Dean, who does most of the album covers for Yes, another favorite band of mine. As you can tell, I love music.

#374363 - 11/05/11 12:27 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: ANDREW63]
TheTwoOfUs Offline

Loc: USA
My username was jointly decided upon with some discussion between myself and my sister. "TheTwoOfUs" came about, because although we each have children, "the two of us" are all that's left of our original litter. We were two of four children, we've lost two siblings to various health problems, and our parents to health problems of their own.

So it really is just "the two of us" at this point, and with our spouses both walking away, we have learned to meld our households together in support of each other and for survival, while still giving each other the space we need when needed.

The avatar came about at my request after we discussed the user account and she basically told me it was mine. I asked her for two wolves and she kindly did so. Those two lone wolves are us - and hopefully our pack will grow inwardly and outwardly as we both progress through this process.

Perhaps someday I can ask her for wolves that are no longer in shadows.
_______
Matthew

Edited by TheTwoOfUs (11/05/11 12:56 PM)

Adapt. Overcome. Survive.

#377591 - 12/01/11 04:19 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: TheTwoOfUs]
Asmodeus Offline

Loc: Vestavia, Alabama, USA
The name of a fictional virus that had an 80% fatality rate, from a game called Terranigma.

#377602 - 12/01/11 05:10 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: Asmodeus]
just me Offline

I am Just Me.... smirk

#377978 - 12/03/11 04:45 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: just me]
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

I used this as my first email address back in college in 1997, I came here around 2002, was seeking something I had memory of, and it fit.

I had played french horn throughout college, and it was something consistent. I really enjoy the horn, have one that needs fixing too. Kind of like me....hmmm.

#378008 - 12/03/11 10:04 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
Originally Posted By: Fissy Tsickens

"My screen name is the name of a monster I used to have in my nightmares during early childhood; half-fish and half-chicken,

OK then...there's one question I've been wanting to ask all answered for me.

As for mine: um...take a wild guess.

When I was registering, I think I confuzzled the login names and real names and screen names...and who cares. There are 750,221 Robert Browns in this world. I get blamed for a lot of bad credit and warrants they have. Many of us share the same birth date.

#378009 - 12/03/11 10:07 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
Originally Posted By: Fissy Tsickens
... half-fish and half-chicken,

REALLY??? I can't stop trying to picture the darn thing. What would he look like?? Thanks John!

#378021 - 12/03/11 11:05 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: Still]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
The way I remember it was basically a fish with chicken legs stuck on the bottom. I was thinking that this is probably why I didn't get chosen to be God, but then I thought, God made the platypus, so go figure.

About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#378022 - 12/03/11 11:11 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Let's sponsor a contest to see who can draw the best likeness of the half - fish - half chicken avatar.

Puffer

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.