Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
alan's marc (43), Opal (59)
Who's Online
3 registered (Taylor238, 2 invisible), 67 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62528 Topics
438168 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#373544 - 10/27/11 04:54 PM Stupid Teacher! Smart Neighbor! Triggers.
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Child tells friends he's getting beaten by father. Teacher tells father. Father goes home and does it to child again. Apparenntly a neighbor taped it.

Grandfather gets custody. Happy ending.

The grandfather is that bounty hunter on TV.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/art...g-grandson.html

#373665 - 10/28/11 10:22 PM Re: Stupid Teacher! Smart Neighbor! Triggers. [Re: Disappointed]
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
I've got to admit that I'm a bit surprised that no one else has commented on this one yet...

why would the teacher tell the very person that is abusing the boy? - that teacher needs a wake up call - you don't tell the abuser - you tell the authorities

I myself on a personal level am a bit outraged at the news station that plays the video clip with the actual soundtrack of the boy being beaten by his father (it's highly triggering for me - as all 4 of the neighbors surrounding the house I grew up in could hear my screams as mom pounded away on me - and yet not a 1 of them ever tried to help me in any way)

this boy is being abused - real life - caught on tape by a neighbor - that tape should'nt be anything that anyone outside of a courtroom ever hears (if this boy had been being raped - would they have played the audiotape of that - I think NOT - what makes physical abuse any less worse? - it's still abuse)

it also irks me that the father is claiming that he only hit the child 4 or 5 times though his pants when you can clearly count 13 on the audio clip that is only "part" of the full tape the neighbor recorded (I can tell you from personal experience that the sound that I heard on that tape was a bare butt - no padding - if there had been padding the sound would have been less sharp)

I am glad that the grandfather has custody - and hope that he keeps it

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#373720 - 10/29/11 02:46 PM Re: Stupid Teacher! Smart Neighbor! Triggers. [Re: TJ jeff]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

The teacher should have charges of Child Endangerment files against them.

#373901 - 10/31/11 03:04 PM Re: Stupid Teacher! Smart Neighbor! Triggers. [Re: JustScott]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
Yup, you're correct, Scott. That teacher broke the law. Teachers are mandated reporters, meaning that they are REQUIRED to report suspicion, allegation, or proof of neglect or abuse to the appropriate authorities. Not only should the teacher be charged, they should be fired and have their license revoked by the state licensing board. Idiot.

Peace,

John

About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.