Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
6 registered (motmcd, gettingstronger, Dave PNW, 3 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63569 Topics
444139 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#373405 - 10/26/11 09:13 AM Taking action...
Irisheyes Offline

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/%21/petition/make-crisis-child-sexual-abuse-national-priority/pgHpNkRY?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

So my fiance and I were talking last night about wanting to do something, anything. I don't know what but I started reading around this morning and found out there is a way to have petitions sent to the White House, I was going to start one and then I found that one was already created for bringing attention to Child Sexual Abuse and making it a national priority. The need 25,000 signatures by Nov 7th and I just thought this might be a good place to put it out there if people wanted to copy and paste the link above and sign on!

It's a small start but I figured it can't hurt!! It feels good for once to step outside our own sorrow and try and make things better for all those kids who never had a place to go or anyone to tell! I think awareness is key so I'd appreciate people checking this out!!

Thanks all!

#373409 - 10/26/11 09:44 AM Re: Taking action... [Re: Irisheyes]
Gretta Offline

Thank you for posting and I have posted the petition to my facebook account.

#373410 - 10/26/11 09:52 AM Re: Taking action... [Re: Gretta]
Irisheyes Offline

Thanks Gretta!

#373411 - 10/26/11 10:17 AM Re: Taking action... [Re: Irisheyes]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Thanks, IE.

I passed the link around with some of my peeps...and I can see your smile through the screen.

best,
H

Edited to add, I really dig your sig...:)

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.