Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63204 Topics
441955 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#37324 - 07/03/02 05:20 AM isn't this area for male survivors only?
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
Nothing againt Babs, but she is a spouse.

Can someone clarify this for me since this is not the first time i said something.

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#37325 - 07/03/02 07:18 AM Re: isn't this area for male survivors only?
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
Perhaps Babs posted here since this is where Edwin was posting. Perhaps she felt this is where he would see her reply. I know the chat room for male survivors is for male survivors only. The moderator of this board should address this issue for you, Babs and Edwin?

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

#37326 - 07/03/02 01:04 PM Re: isn't this area for male survivors only?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
I know this is a Male Survivors forum, somewhere we can retreat to- a place where we can discuss male issues with other males, and if the majority of guys wish it to be strictly enforced then I guess the issue will be addressed.

But we must understand that wives and partners can still read our posts, so there's no secrecy. And that partners are very important to our recovery, if we're that lucky.
Also they often have something very important to add, the view from across the kitchen table !!

Some posts by partners are asking our advice, and it can be argued that that the place is on the Friends / Family forum. But do we all read the other forums, or do we just scoot down the Male Survivors and ignore the rest ?

I have noticed the spat going on between certain people who use the site, although it's background is something I know nothing about.
I suspect it has origionated from the chat room, and is something we can do without. But I hope this isn't the reason for asking partners not to post on the Male forum.

A last point, if we start setting lines in the sand, will we be bumped off the Gay Survivors forum and the Friends & Family ? I certainly hope not, because, personally,I dont care where my help comes from.

Those are just a few ideas off the top of my head, throw them about and see what comes up.
I hope we get a good respose to this.

Thanks, Lloydy

#37327 - 07/04/02 12:22 PM Re: isn't this area for male survivors only?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
I'm just bouncing this topic back up the list again, any ideas guys ?
Lloydy

#37328 - 07/05/02 12:42 AM Re: isn't this area for male survivors only?
goflyakiteV Offline

Loc: n.a.
HI LLOYDY....YEAH, I GUESS IT'S OK WITH ME THAT THE "OTHER HALF" POSTS HERE. AFTER ALL, THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO HELP! AND YES,"I" DO GO TO ALL THE OTHER SITES HERE AND READ, AND SOMETIMES COMMENT, FOR ALL THATS WORTH!

#37329 - 07/05/02 12:43 AM Re: isn't this area for male survivors only?
goflyakiteV Offline

Loc: n.a.
.....AND LLOYDY.......I THINK YOUR DOING A FINE JOB, AS MODERATOR!

SLEEP WELL TONIGHT MY FRIEND .....SCOT

#37330 - 07/05/02 02:39 PM Re: isn't this area for male survivors only?
manchild Offline

Loc: netherlands
Let's see.

Now we have several forums related to different categories of topics and posters.
Everybody can read the forums.

There is need of communication between the different categories of posters.
Before, I did not tend to read the forums for Gay survivors and Family and friends since i regarded that as an unwanted intrusion.

Now i understand that its i suggested that male survivors can answer and post topics at Family and friends and vice versa, to fullfill the need of intercategorial communication.

Some male survivors feel unsafe with the idea of seeing subjectlines of other "categories".

Babs post was a recognizable intercategorial post because of her female name.

For me it was pleasant to be able to recognize a post as coming from a not male&survivor.

Keep intercategorial posts recognizable i suggest.

Another (maybe costly) solution could be selecting "show topics from" o category1 o category2 o category3 .. , similar to selecting "show topics from days" and introducing category of topic starter/replier/author in the headline of a topic and a post.

#37331 - 07/05/02 07:48 PM Re: isn't this area for male survivors only?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Thanks for the opinions, and so far I can't see that much reason for things to change, ( but that's a personal view, I'm just the moderator, I don't make decisions )

Manchilds point that maybe it would be good if partners etc identified themselves as such is possibly the way ahead, and we could return the courtesy if we post on other forums.

It is a problem to identify who's who when so many of us use nicknames, but if something is posted that's pertinant and useful is it a problem ?

Keep the opinions coming.
Lloydy

#37333 - 07/09/02 05:19 AM Re: isn't this area for male survivors only?
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
i am ok with the way things are just wanted to know why we have the rule?

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#37334 - 07/10/02 01:38 PM Re: isn't this area for male survivors only?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Guys,
There is no rule stating that it is a men only forum, apparently a former moderator tried to impose this "rule", but that's before my time.
The feedback indicates we're cool with things the way they are, so that's the way it stays I guess.

My view is that we don't always appreciate the views of partners and supporters, I'm guilty of that, ask my wife ! ;\)
I suppose we get tunnel vision, there's so much stuff to think about, and we run the risk of being selfish at the expense of others.
I'm often aware of sounding like a "me - me - me" whiner at times, so I have to force myself to shut the **** up and listen to the person sat across the kitchen table, and you know what ? If I shut my gob and open my ears I learn something !!

Our partners and supporters give us so much, which is why I would hate to see us alienate them from our forum.
And we should also remember to thank them occasionally as well, I certainly should anyway, I've just admited to being a "me - me - me - whiner with tunnel vision" \:D \:D

Thanks,
Lloydy \:\)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.