Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63204 Topics
441955 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 12 of 24 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
#373183 - 10/23/11 07:25 PM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

This afternoon I sat on a soccer field watching our youngest play ball. My best friends infant son was real happy on my lap.

Our oldest 2 were texting us about the families they are supporting this year in the PSU Thon to fight childhood cancer.

I still get triggered like we all do. I got to work my recovery like we all do.

But look around you like I did today. There is so much proof it does get better.

#373210 - 10/24/11 03:03 AM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
pbert53 Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington, USA
Kieth,

Amen!

~ adapted from: Sri Ram

#373470 - 10/27/11 12:22 AM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
mrwhiskers Offline

Hugs
Thanks smile

#373610 - 10/28/11 11:11 AM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: mrwhiskers]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Paul and Gabe, thanks for all that.

Gabe those who know you also know that you are proof it does get better.

It's not my place to tell your story of recovery. I will simply say for those who read this that few men have made as many sacrifices for family as you have.

Anyone who feels stuck today should PM you and hear from you that recovery from CSA & ASA is very much possible.

Be well all.

#373920 - 10/31/11 06:44 PM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

CONGRATS THON FOR WELCOMING THE TYLER W FAMILY INTO OUR ORG! FOR THE KIDS, FOR THE FAMILY, FOR THE FIGHT EVERY DAY! THON 2012 HERE WE COME

Thats the post on my son's FB. He and his sister are pasionate in their social service on campus to fight childhood cancer. The kid Tyler he will dance and raise $ for is just 8.

My point is simple....that kid and his family believe it can get better. They need to believe. My kids believe what they do will support his recovery. They are right too.

Our recovery is a huge head game...thats where the injury is felt most.

I believe my son is right. For the fight every day...it does get better.......

#373921 - 10/31/11 07:46 PM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
Anthony39 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Montreal, Canada
you raised good kids man!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM213aMKTHg

#374050 - 11/02/11 09:01 AM IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: Anthony39]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Tony, that's kind of you to say but we can both say that & so can many here.

We are good Dad's, we are good spouses, good partners. We are loyal and good friends to people in our life. We do good things.

It's bullshit to allow abuse to minimize us. It's a lie you have to deny.

I've lied to myself I was less than whole. In my own survivor mind I may have been, but not where it counts. That never happened. I take care of business every day at home, at work, and in my community.

Yeah Tony, we are raising some real good kids. You are too.

This place is full of good men. More need to say that out loud.

It gets better. That's a real simple fact.

#374055 - 11/02/11 10:00 AM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Originally Posted By: Keith kb8715
This place is full of good men. More need to say that out loud.

I am a good man, among good men.

#374273 - 11/04/11 01:07 PM IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: SamV]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Sam, you are a good Dad, you are a good Husband, you are a good friend, you are a good mentor & coach. You were a good kid and you are a good man.
it gets better when we start to acknowledge who we really are.

It also gets better when we see our past abuse in context as one aspect of life and not the end all be all for any of us.

I don't mean to minimize a very terrible thing we all experienced, but regardless of our past the Sun is going to come up each day, and the Moon will at night. In other words life is going to go on, and we need to live it.

I work in a pretty crummy neighborhood in NYC at a pretty crummy Hospital. An NYPD detective recently pointed out to me this area is know for Meth and knives. Crystal Meth is the drug of choice for the dealers and knives is the weapon of choice for protection. Burt this morning like every morning I watched really good parents in this neighborhood walk their kids up to the local P.S.. No matter how hard things seem to be good people still take care of what matters.

Don't give into this bullshit. It gets better better when we get up every day and live our lives like the good men we are.

Keith

#374568 - 11/07/11 02:25 PM Re: IT DOES GET BETTER [Re: kb8715]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Some days you simply have to sat WTF.....

Last week it was the Scouts in Canada and USA.

This week it is Penn State, where our 2 oldest kids proudly attend. I'm not feeling proud today.

2 men here who support me very loyally were respectively hurt in scouting, and by a coach.

All abuse is horrble, and people in authority looking the other way at any time is so awful.

Soon it will get better I know. Right now I am thinking of people who I care about who feel the pain over the news.

And as always I feel for all of us here too.

Be well all.

Page 12 of 24 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 24 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.