Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447690 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#372767 - 10/18/11 09:26 PM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: trb1345]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia

Well, Tommy, here he is...my weird cat Smokey.

Peace,

John

About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#372804 - 10/19/11 10:26 AM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
trb1345 Offline

Loc: NY
Hey Fissy,

What an appropriate name smile

Tommy

-My favorite book.

#372805 - 10/19/11 10:27 AM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: trb1345]
trb1345 Offline

Loc: NY
Hey Pete,

I'm glad you and Obi were able to get those up smile Thanks for sharin. Now if only I can figure it out :p

Tommy

-My favorite book.

#389007 - 03/11/12 09:06 PM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: petercorbett]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Pete:

Moose. Mooses. Meeses. I dunno. But they look great! Thank you for posting these and giving me a reason to have a big smile on my face!

Jim

#389028 - 03/11/12 11:29 PM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: jls]
son Offline

Loc: New York
I still have my D-Doggy. He's actually a Koala but when I started talking and named him, I only knew the basic animals. So I guess I thought dog was the closest one lol. He's a puppet and when I couldn't sleep, my Mom would make him talk to me till I fell asleep. He stayed with me when I was under the covers afraid of the dark.

His fur is totally matted. His nose was broken and replaced with a black button. Someone once saw him in my adult bedroom and playfully teased me about his shabby appearance. I didn't mind. I'm so glad he's still with me.

#389127 - 03/13/12 02:26 AM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: trb1345]
Forexpreneur Offline

Loc: Uranus (hell no not yours. lol...
What an awesome thread. I love this.

Personally I haven't slept with a stuffed animal for a while (I call them all Teddy Bears for some reason). I used to sleep with one when I was in my early 20's and then stoped.

I then had an awesome cat up until a year ago who was my cuddle buddy. These days, since I am not dating anyone, and haven't for far too long, I sleep with a pillow. Maybe I should break down and get a new Teddy. It just may help me sleep better at nights. wink

Alex

#412378 - 10/07/12 12:39 AM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: trb1345]
Undefeated Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
When I was a boy, my father threw away my toys and stuffed animals. He didn't think boys should have stuffed animals. Same for G.I. Joe, because it was a doll, so I wasn't allowed to have one. frown Anyway, I have several stuffed animals now. In my freshman year in college, I bought a stuffed Shamu whale. I still have him. Ha!

#412379 - 10/07/12 12:49 AM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: trb1345]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Tommy,
I recently learned through my own experience that this is a very useful tool recommended by many professionals, especially in assisting with sleep disorders and nightmares suffered by survivors.
I have my grandmother's old bedspread, just an old worn-out, stitched and patched ugly thing, but it helps me sleep at night. She lived next door to us when I was little. She was my father's/perp's mother, the only adult who intervened and attempted to put a stop to the abuse.
When she died 25 years ago I kept her bedspread out of sentiment, but now it's a very important symbol of safety and peace when I sleep at night. It's the only way I can convince my sub-conscious that my perp/father won't awaken me with sexual assault during the night.

#412385 - 10/07/12 05:15 AM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: trb1345]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
hey, Undefeated,

i'm with you. i had a blond teddy bear when i was small. i took him with me to our new "home" when my mom married the step-dad when i was 5 1/2. he didn't last long there. it was too babyish and sissy-fied for me to have. step-dad threw him away and bought me boxing gloves. i would have been better off with something to hug.

we bought all 3 of our kids LOTS of stuffed animals - even our son. all are now graduated from college and 2 are married but they still have some of them.

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#412386 - 10/07/12 06:40 AM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: trb1345]
StarBuck31 Offline

Loc: FL, Pensacola
I still sleep with my pet monster, it say's so much that he came with shackels and brake away chain, lol. Recently things have been real bad for me, but it gives me comfort when i feel him laying aginst me. I'm never sure what's gonna happen next, i'm always on edge now, but when i hold monsty, i feel safe.

Tom

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.