Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
4 registered (motmcd, 3 invisible), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63360 Topics
443053 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#368730 - 08/23/11 08:02 AM 2 Movie recomendations
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I just watched an inspiring Movie called "It's kind of a funny story," about a teenager that takes life too seriously and ends up calling a suicide hotlines which ends up getting him laced in a Psychiatric Hospital and although he is only 16, he is placed in with the adults.
The movie was funny and charming and is rated as a Comedy. But it was more of feel-good type of Movie with a happy ending. Nothing really triggering in this one.

The other Movie Was/is a Male Survivor Type movie. It was made somewhere in the UK, I think scotland, but they do not speak with Scottish accents and I believe that it take place around London.
It's Title is "Real Men." I found it on Youtube and one can watch it, in sections 1-18 in its entirety on youtube.
I found it to be I little of and endurance test to watch, but definitely worth it in the end.
This Movie has some very Triggering parts to it and is like a UK variant of the Movie "Jet Boy" although the plots are very different and in many ways, although one does not actually witness abuse(Thank God), There seems to be a constant theme of it throughout the movie.
I think this movie would be an excellent choice for Non-survivor's or Partners of Survivors, because it truly grasps how cunning and deceptive abusers can be and actually are!!!!!!!!!! Definitely NOT a movie for children or even some teens for that matter as the subject matter is for a Mature audience Only!!!

Sorry guys but maybe if someone else watches this, then perhaps they will have better luck in writing a synopsis for the movie as it was never one of my strong suits.

Those who goto watch it, or have already seen this, let me know what you thought of it/ your opions of it.

Sincerely,
Logan

Edited by Logan (10/16/11 06:25 PM)
-Blade Runner

#368773 - 08/23/11 07:39 PM Re: 2 Movie recomendations [Re: Logan]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Hi Logan,

I've been watching anything I think will give me insight on my friends who've endured this. Thank you for the recommendation.

After I watch, I'll post my thoughts.

Many thanks,
D.

#368782 - 08/24/11 01:59 AM Re: 2 Movie recomendations [Re: Disappointed]
CheerfulJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: England (at the moment)
Another one from the UK,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEnA_Ya5fu8

Hesitated to pass this one on because of a few things unrelated to csa or male prostitution.

This is quite close to my experiences in London but I was 18-19 when I got paid.
Maybe not relevant for you D?

CJ

#372575 - 10/16/11 06:35 PM Re: 2 Movie recomendations [Re: CheerfulJohn]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Here is a link to more of what the 2nd movie is about. Again, it is a lot like "Jet Boy."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/realmen/

Logan

-Blade Runner

#372579 - 10/16/11 06:43 PM Re: 2 Movie recomendations [Re: Logan]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Here is a link to part 1 of the 2nd movie recommendation, "Real Men" on Youtube, so you can watch it if you want to.

Remember that the subject matter is about Male CSA, so of course some may find it to be a trigger for them.

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBf8MHpwR6c&feature=related

Logan

-Blade Runner

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.