Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (watzupwitu, Obi, 2 invisible), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63558 Topics
444054 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#381434 - 01/04/12 02:06 PM Re: Arizona Stat. of Limitations for CSA Pt. 1 [Re: brother2none]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: brother2none
I was wondering... if one was to file a civil suit against a perp in Pennsylvania (or any state) that was otherwise beyond the statute of limitations in PA, how far would it proceed, and when its dismissed, does it prevent re-filing if/when a window statute is enacted?

Dear Brother 2 None,

I don't know Pennsylvania civil procedure statutes and rules. However, I would strongly advise against filing such a suit because in some states, such as Georgia where I practice, a filing without legal justification can find the filing party assessed for attorney's fees in favor of the party being sued.

As far as a change in the civil statute of limitations (which is normally NOT the same as the criminal statute of limitations), it would depend precisely on how that statute was drafted. Therefore, it would be the purest of speculation to answer the second part of your question.

However, I will say, the doctrine of res judicata would prevent refiling if you had previously filed a case which was dismissed by the court on legal grounds.

D.

#381680 - 01/06/12 04:37 PM Re: Arizona Stat. of Limitations for CSA Pt. 1 [Re: Disappointed]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Undisclosed
Just saw at nj.com that two survivors have filed civil suits in NJ even though the SoL is expired. I'm on the mobile so I can't give link.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.