Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
4 registered (Going forward, 3 invisible), 39 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63790 Topics
445472 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#371950 - 10/08/11 03:16 AM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: kb8715]
temeraire Offline

Loc: SOUTH AFRICA
Hi All, I am crying while reading this thread. I cant remember ever having a stuffed toy as a kid but my and I made sure our sons had lots and the mamazing thing is they still have them. I got a beautiful teddy bear call Mr Ted when I just started out on my journey after reading Penny Parks book Healing the Inner Child and dam I have to say it has been a huge source of comfort for me through the last four and a half years. Thanks for sharing and you guys are right it does not matter what we do to find the comfort and pease that we deserve even if it is a stuffed animal. Heal well my fellow thrivers

#371955 - 10/08/11 09:25 AM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: temeraire]
trb1345 Offline

Loc: NY
Hey Guys,

Thanks for sharing everything, I thought this topic was gonna be a dud, but I was wrong smile There's been lots of responses in the last 24 hrs, so let me adress each in one reply:

Cris, how has your new dog worked for you?

Aptrick, that was such a cool story, thanks for sharing. If my house ever burned down, I would go to the same lengths for my bear. It sounds silly, I know they aren't alive, but I owe alot to my bear, and even just stuffing him in a closet doesn't seem right. Greta job saving Paploo smile And yes, Friend Bear, of all the care bears, is ironic. Even more ironic is I also had Bedtime Bear, and still more ironic, Secret Bear, both of whom I can't find frown

Castle, thats kinda how I look at it. I wet the bed too, and have to wear a diaper to bed, so Friend Bear is essential to me for feeling secure.

Texan, I've taken Friend Bear on trips as recently as last year. A Travelodge survey showed 20% of adult men still travel with a stuffed animal :p

Puffer, ever thought of getting one now?

pbert, I'm glad your family was there to support you, what a great moment smile

jls, just get one. For me just the secure feeling is worth it.

temeraire, you're not the only one who didn't have one as a kid, and that baffles me. I thought they were as basic as food and water for a kid. However it's cool you made sure your kids had them. And I'm not surprised they still have them. I have a bond with Friend Bear that goes beyond him sharing in my abuse. I had him in my arms when I graduated pre-school...literally. I had him when I broke my leg and hip (at 4), when I broke my arms all four times, when I broke some fingers, both times I broke teeth, and when I had a ruptured appendicitis (all before 12yo). Not to mention the countelss hours of play, hauling him around in my backpack, or in my wagon, or even scotch taped to the front of my bike lol smile He's been there in the best of times, the good times, the bad times, and the worst of times. So I guess it's not too hard to see how I have such a strong bond to him when I really stop and look. Much like your kids in their own way, I'm sure.

Thanks guys smile

Tommy

-My favorite book.

#371989 - 10/09/11 02:53 AM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: jls]
cris40ky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: KY, US
When I tried it the first time, years ago, it didn't really work. And now, it's like an instant connect to the wounded lil me.

jls, I guess it depends on what you're ready for. It was for me. And I think it's better than my cat. He doesn't like it when I squeeze him too hard eek

#372004 - 10/09/11 12:17 PM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: cris40ky]
trb1345 Offline

Hey cris,

Thats cool you made a connection. It really is a secure feeling to have at night smile

Tommy

-My favorite book.

#372009 - 10/09/11 02:23 PM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: cris40ky]
jls Offline

Yeah my cat won't do either. I roll around in bed too much for his liking.

#372252 - 10/12/11 11:01 PM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: kb8715]
G5 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Yup...I've had Winnie the Pooh for about 12 or so years now. He's traveled with me to WoR's. I have trouble sleeping like a lot of us here so he helps...as do my two cats...and the Xanax;-)

Chris

Oprah 200
PA Support Group
WoR Alta Advanced '12
"Silence Buster"

#372260 - 10/12/11 11:37 PM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: G5]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
When I left the WoR in Oct 'o8, I stopped at a Cracker Barrel for dinner. Picked up a stuffed 'possum and have slept with it ever since. I even take it on business trips with me!

Peace,

John

About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#372264 - 10/13/11 12:14 AM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
smile

Edited by pufferfish (10/13/11 11:14 PM)

#372311 - 10/13/11 02:51 PM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: pufferfish]
trb1345 Offline

Hey pufferfish:

I suppose the right stuffed animal will call out to you when it's the right one smile

Fissy:

Leave it to the good 'ol Cracker Barrel to have something like that :P But I do love breakfast there on road trips smile Check out this link for the business traveler/stuffed animal toter:

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/grown-men-travel-stuffed-animals-teddy-bears-dogs/story?id=11463664

While some of those guys just want reminders of home, I'd say more like the comforting they provide and aren't willing to admit it.

G5: Someone else said they sleep with cats. How is this possible?! :p Cats are the most fussy of pets, how do they stand a human flopping around in "their" bed? smile

-My favorite book.

#372313 - 10/13/11 03:25 PM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: trb1345]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
Hey, Tommy!

Thanks for the link. By the way, if I'm laying on my back in bed, our cat, Smokey, climbs up on my chest, lays down and goes to sleep. He also jumps up and sits in my lap when I sit down, whether at the kitchen table or in my recliner. He's really a weird cat. I think he senses that I'm screwed up and need his companionship. blush

Peace,

John

About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.