Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
3 registered (finallyhere, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63780 Topics
445400 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#365688 - 07/08/11 09:18 PM Re: Why can't I get on with my life? [Re: Dewey2k]
1lifenow Offline

Loc: west coast
This has been possibly one of the worst days of my life. I am so grateful for this post, i am breathing for the first time today. I am experiencing great relief, understanding and the tears would be of happiness not exasperation. I have been stuck for so long, and it is almost like with each little step, I face a new mountain. I have tried so hard to get to the end, but now for the first time, I truly realize there is no end , just the journey.

I just can't believe serendipity and my souls thermonuclear meltdown have just collided. This gives me great peace, and conviction I am on the right path that I have started on. I can rest now, thank you. It IS going to get better, I just wish they would make this article a permanent place, as so many don't read this section, and so many are stuck too.

I didnt know this feeling I am experiencing right now was possible. The panic is fading.

WoR Barrie 2011

#365843 - 07/12/11 04:01 AM Re: Why can't I get on with my life? [Re: 1lifenow]
mike13 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California USA
Thanks for the great article. My lack of progress has been very frustating so say the least. It is nice to know that there is still hope for an old fart like me Mike

#369735 - 09/08/11 12:57 AM Re: Why can't I get on with my life? [Re: mike13]
NewSummer Offline

Loc: Surrey BC
I never knew what my programing had done to me...For the first time in my life I feel as if I can join in on the party...I am welcome. It will be OK. I am survivor, and survivors are strong. I am no longer stuck.. I can and will move forward.

#371374 - 09/30/11 04:17 AM Re: Why can't I get on with my life? [Re: NewSummer]
cris40ky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: KY, US
I've been "surviving" for a long time now. In and out and back into therapy again. This article makes a hell of a lot of sense! I'm gonna have to keep it handy.

#371724 - 10/05/11 10:03 AM Re: Why can't I get on with my life? [Re: Trish4850]
misscrespo Offline

great article. Thanks for sharing. I feel I understand my man a little bit better now

#371821 - 10/06/11 12:25 PM Re: Why can't I get on with my life? [Re: Trish4850]
misscrespo Offline

excellent article. thank you for posting.
I read it with my boyfriend last night. we were both very touched.
He could identify himself with so many things. He said, especially with the feeling of a soldier on foot, always ready, always anxious, always alert for danger.
He said he could see himself having trouble with authority but at the same time struggling to say no to a figure he considers his superior.
I never noticed he always chooses to be by the window or door until it was pointed out in this article as well.
He says he is ready for the hard work that it is changing his thought pattern. I am proud of him, even if it is a very hard road to recovery.
thanks again

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.