Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (manipulated, Still, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64028 Topics
446824 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#371813 - 10/06/11 10:31 AM Stuffed Animals
trb1345 Offline

Loc: NY
I admit it: I sleep with my care bear. I got him when I was four and he's probably one of my most valued possessions. If I had to save one thing in a fire (other than people or real animals) it would be him. I talked to my T about it yesterday, and he chuckled (not mockingly) and said it was no big deal. I sleep with him because to me he represents safety, and he has known my secrets all along. He was the one I hugged when I didn't know what to do, or who to turn to for help. He's always been there for me.

I'm wondering how many of you still sleep with a stuffed animal nightly (and are willing to admit it)?

Tommy

Edited by trb1345 (10/06/11 10:35 AM)

-My favorite book.

#371817 - 10/06/11 11:54 AM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: trb1345]
men_of_hrts.dbw Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Orchidland Big Island Hawaii
Wow Tommy,
I think thats cool you have kept that comfort and bed buddy for so long. I relate to you on how your teddy bear accepts you no matter what, is always there no matter what and if your buddy was not there you would feel a loss. Man, thats beautiful.
(choke/bittersweet tears...smiles)
That hit a buried memory and evoked a strong sadness. I remember about five years after the assault, l was divorced even though l had it made; the possessions, career a peaceful divorce without child custody hassles...and l was miserable...disclosurere was still over twenty-five years away.
My daughter had this big nice bear and one night l got up and took it back to bed. I recall how soft it felt as l held that bear and it gave me a comfort then. Maybe l did it more than once, don't remember.
But ol' Ruby the Slipper my redbone coonhound slept in my bed many nights and she and Sir Rigsby were my family for seventeen years.
Thanks for the memory.

Edited by men_of_hrts.dbw (10/06/11 11:57 AM)
Edit Reason: Spell ck
"What Say the Brethren"
"Hang the Bastards"

#371820 - 10/06/11 12:17 PM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: men_of_hrts.dbw]
George Offline

Loc: NY metro

I don't have anything from childhood, I do remember a favorite Snoopy doll that I loved and had for mabye 2-3 years then dissapeared.

Recently, I was the only one home one day, wife's at work & kids were in school. I walked into my two boys room to put something away when I noticed a treasured stuffed bear that my younger son owns. I picked up his bear and looked it over, I just felt the need to cuddle it. It struck me, the love & safety that little stuffed bear knows, I know how my son cherishes that bear, his little tender heart has put so much store in that little bear. I got weapy standing there, knowing that I never had what my son has... Even the stuffed bear has more love than I or most of us here ever knew (or ever got thru to us) growing up.

Trb1345, you treasure that bear, I think it's great that you have him. Wish I still had my Snoopy, think I'll be checking ebay today for one smile

#371825 - 10/06/11 12:52 PM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: George]
trb1345 Offline

Thats actually a nice story George, thanks for sharing that. And believe me, I treasure that bear. In fact, I can recall many many memories, both good and bad, where I had theat bear with me, so he won't be going anywere smile

Tommy

-My favorite book.

#371826 - 10/06/11 12:59 PM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: trb1345]
Czaesar72 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California, USA
Tommy,

LOL, I never thought I'd admit to it, but I still sleep with my teddy bear in my bed. It does gives me a sense of safety. Plus it's always there when I wake up in panic due to my recurring nightmares; my teddy bear makes feel grounded it's the only sense of reality I have right after a bad dream.

I know this may sound childish, but it's the truth.

Thank you for being so open!

Edited by Czaesar72 (10/06/11 01:00 PM)

The strength of a man isn't in the weight he can lift; it is the burdens he can understand and overcome.

#371829 - 10/06/11 01:35 PM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: trb1345]
cris40ky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: KY, US
Thank you guys, all of ya!

I posted in another thread this morning that I had a really bad night. The funny, sweet thing is that last night I promised lil Cris a Teddy Bear during all that crap. It would be his after the sun came up.

It did and he got one.

#371843 - 10/06/11 04:27 PM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: cris40ky]
trb1345 Offline

Hiya Czaesar and cris,

Thx for letting me know I'm not goin crazy by sleeping with my care bear (Friend Bear, how ironic?) smile

cris, you mean you went out and got a bear today?

If I can figure out how to upload a picture on here, I'll let all of you know what my Friend bear looks like smile

Tommy

Edited by trb1345 (10/06/11 06:26 PM)

-My favorite book.

#371845 - 10/06/11 04:47 PM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: trb1345]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
My fraternal brothers.

There is nothing wrong about sleeping with a stuffed animal.

In fact when you are accepted for a WoR they recommend that you bring a stuffed animal or whatever to hold on to for dear life.

Many T's also recommend it too, as a part of our therapy.

I have a herd of mooses here with me. In fact my Canadian brother, Jim Geeders brought me two of them for our WoR at Alta, back in '09.

On some long distance trips I take my moose with me in the pickup, along with a picture of young Pete. I need someone to talk to.

Nothing to be ashamed of at all. Hell I'm 72.

Heal well, my fraternal brothers, heal well.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.

Pete..Irishmoose.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#371864 - 10/06/11 06:44 PM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: petercorbett]
trb1345 Offline

I guess if Pete has a stuffed animal, then I have nothing to worry about.

Pete, do your mooses have grey hair like you? Just kiddin, I'm only teasin smile

Tommy

-My favorite book.

#371868 - 10/06/11 08:27 PM Re: Stuffed Animals [Re: trb1345]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Man if it helps ya sleep do it. Who here sleeps good.

Now personally we have the Dachshund in the pic in bed with us and my sons Collie next to me.

Take it up a notch Tommy and go for the real deal. Dogs are great recovery friends.

Sleep good pal.

Keith

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.