Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
5 registered (DaiseyLady, TJ jeff, bluesky, Cthulhu, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64185 Topics
447893 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#371504 - 10/02/11 01:07 PM Question about Dissociative Identity Disorder
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Hi,
I have a friend I'm pretty sure has Dissociative Identity Disorder Not Otherwise Specified (DID NOS). He does NOT lose time. Thus far, I know of one want-to-be girl, one guy, and one other guy. Not sure of their ages.

I've read as many posts here as I can find on this condition, and I've read Oxnam's book "Fractured Mind," which my friend has started.

Here is my current question: If these moods can be melded into one and each one's associated fetishes eliminated, what is that actual process? I've been told by someone here the "youngest" personality is the one to work with first, because it's the most malleable and open to change. What exactly is done to cause it to be absorbed by another?

My assumption is.... You speak with him, get to know him, find out what he wants.... and try to get one of the other moods to give him what he is seeking. Not sure how that eliminates anything, but that is the theory.

This youngest mood doesn't mind thinking, and resents the main mood's tendency to stay as busy as possible to avoid thinking. So, not sure how to get another mood to give it something they clearly don't want to give, namely time and attention. What else she wants I'm really not sure. How would I find out? Just by asking? Asking what her agenda is?

Any specifics would be so helpful.

Thanks all, and stay strong,
D.

Edited by Disappointed (10/02/11 07:49 PM)

#371542 - 10/02/11 11:15 PM Re: Question about Dissociative Identity Disorder [Re: Disappointed]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
D---

I consider your post important but I want to answer it later. I feel like I might be coming down with flu or something.

Yes, you integrate the least developed personalities first. Learn their names and their quirks and interests. Talk to them by name and lovingly. You do want what's best for them.

Another possible book: The Minds Of Billy Milligan By Keyes. It's interesting and readable.

http://www.amazon.com/Minds-Billy-Milligan-Daniel-Keyes/dp/0553263811/

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (10/02/11 11:21 PM)

#371545 - 10/02/11 11:56 PM Re: Question about Dissociative Identity Disorder [Re: pufferfish]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Dear Puffer,

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you for responding. I'll look at the book immediately!

D.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.