Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
2 registered (Tiger1982, Jwmcd2), 52 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62510 Topics
438087 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#308847 - 10/31/09 11:27 PM Re: How to Gain Weight [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines
Originally Posted By: Daniel_forgotten
work out on weights and eat more protein (meat, egg whites) they told us to eat like 4 egg whites 4 times a week when i was training in the football team.

I agree w/ daniel or you can use weight gainer. I think its faster then just eating meat eggs and etc.

Marvin

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#363739 - 06/07/11 02:35 AM Re: How to Gain Weight [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
henry07 Offline

Milk, energy drinks and juices should be added to your diet. These foods are high in sugars and therefore release a lot of calories. Drink at least one glass of each during the day.Workouts are important, but not the ones which help you lose weight. Indulge in workouts which help you build muscle mass. These include weight lifting and floor exercises which help build lean muscle mass.

#363744 - 06/07/11 02:58 AM Re: How to Gain Weight [Re: jbh8]
CruxFidelis Offline

Loc: NJ
what's the underlying cause of needing to gain weight?

- Saint John of the Cross

#368054 - 08/13/11 12:44 PM Re: How to Gain Weight [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
thefutureorbust Offline

Loc: NC
no offense but this forum had some god awful advice lol you want to eat high protein, high fat, high complex carbohydrate foods every 3 hours. Whole eggs, peanut butter (all natural), lean beef, salmon, fish oils, olive oils, whey protein, sweet potatoes, brown rice, fruits, vegetables. Weight train with heavy compound movements 3 x a week and work in the 6-10 rep range

#370294 - 09/16/11 05:27 PM Re: How to Gain Weight [Re: thefutureorbust]
JaapVisser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The Netherlands
I am trying all this already for years, but I just also don't gain any weight. I am quite tall and thin and if getting sick I am always on the edge of underweight and it feels horrible. I loose weight quickly, but gaining it back takes ages.

I eat a lot (and healthy), but also for me it doesnt work. I understand the urge to gain a few pounds, because for me personally I would also feel physically a bit better if I had a little reserve.

#370313 - 09/16/11 10:38 PM Re: How to Gain Weight [Re: JaapVisser]
men_of_hrts.dbw Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Orchidland Big Island Hawaii
LOL, move to Texas for ten years.

Seriously when l lived there l gained 15 to 20 lbs and stayed there at 195/215 untill l disclosed. Then l progressively wasted over four years, looked like a crack head POW and hair loss too. I went down into the 160's in Aug 2009 then went real bad homeless and neurotic/psychotic mumbling and walking the town without dignity. Went in the Doc told me l lost 14 more lbs l knew l was bad, my body was having some malnourishment issues and there was little l could do to gain weight until March 2011 about five months after SS disability kicked in.
Along with the external/external factors l always did have dietary concerns before disclosure but the gut and bowels went redline with psychosomatics, stress and tension.
So... now just over four years and l'm back up to the mid-180's and could use some muscle back. The hair l pulled out is probably history, just kidding, but l did clasp my head a lot. LOL
I eat a lot of pork and potato, lots of alvocado, rice and good ol SOS. Lots of breads and big servings.

SOS

1 lb of good ground beef
3 cloves of Shallots (cool lil onions)
4 fist size potatoes (your choice)
1 med yam
Couple cups of whole milk
Butter
Cayanne pepper (pinch)
Salt/Pepper
Oregano
Bit of flour

In this order;

Do your potatoes fried up in a skillet, season when half cooked with the shallots and oregano. Make sure to chop the yam first and add to the pan a few minutes before putting in the regular spuds. When they are al dente cover and remove from heat and they'll completely cook and be moist while the SOS is cookin up.

In a goodly sized pan fry the ground beef and when fully cooked drain off excesss oil and add at least a whole 1/4 lb of butter, remove heat, sprinkle like a good snow dusting the flour over the cooked ground beef and stir adding enough flour to absorb the melted butter. Add like two cups of whole milk and bring heat again at medium and stir. Don't let it go to fast or simmer unattended, this gets to finger dipping warm and begans to thicken quickley.
Add the pinch of cayanne and salt/pepper a bit. Best to add salt at the table to taste. Heat untill good and hot but don't go to boil ever.
Some folk like it ove rice, toast ot egg noodles.
Ate it in the Marines and been making this variation ever since.

"What Say the Brethren"
"Hang the Bastards"

#403891 - 07/17/12 12:13 PM Re: How to Gain Weight [Re: jbh8]
Clifford125 Offline

To gain the weight and muscles never use any weight gain steroids or supplement, these will lead to various health complications for your.
Always focus on healthy foods and exercises to gain your body weight and muscles. Join a gym and do some cardio and weight exercises along with healthy diet to gain your muscles.

#422883 - 01/22/13 12:27 AM Re: How to Gain Weight [Re: jbh8]
Chalmer Offline

Loc: NY
Hi Jbh,
To gain weight increase your number of daily meals and add cheese, milk, yogurt, meat, potato, root beats, eggs, fish, banana, mango and rice more in your daily meals. Consume lots of proteins and increase your calories intake. Lift weights, take supplements and drink energy fluids.

#423828 - 01/31/13 02:59 AM Re: How to Gain Weight [Re: jbh8]
Andreu Offline

Well according to me high calories food is important for weight gain. We should use protein because protein is good thing for weight gaining. Drink protein shake daily.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.