Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (finallyhere, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443148 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#370178 - 09/15/11 01:18 PM Without a Net
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Dropped...not worth the stress to anyone.

Edited by Robbie Brown (09/15/11 06:55 PM)

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#370179 - 09/15/11 01:30 PM Re: Without a Net [Re: Still]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
If I'm being honest, and I am here....I would suggest that maybe talk about yourself and your struggles and be cautious to group all survivors together and the likes...We all have different thoughts and feelings on things...so I applaud your bravery, but humbly suggest you tell your truth.

I have had great sucess and recieved great supoprt from my wife, with disclosure and most people whom I have disclosed too, including Drs...You have had the direct opposite reaction ...so on this topic we probably differ, I suggest that when/if you say dont tell your wife or X because of the myths ..I would say some of us got good results.

The vampire myth is very powerful, If I were to talk about these things in public that would be the number 1 issue I would address.

Good luck.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#370181 - 09/15/11 01:56 PM Re: Without a Net [Re: Castle]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi Robbie
All the best in your venture. I applaud you for taking the cause to the people.
As Castle mentions keep it honest and true, your truth, and all should go well.
I am currently embarking on a road trip in South Africa, talking to AA, NA and SAA, as well as Alanon, and Coda groups. My objective intially , is to get men and woman to join my Support groups. Later the TV and newspapers will follow. I need to do a hell of a lot of healing first, before I go down that road.
My other approach is to talk to therapists, and educate them.
There is a lot of ignorance on the subject of CSA and men, so Robbie, all the best in your venture.
Dont make us look bad, LOL

#370182 - 09/15/11 01:57 PM Re: Without a Net [Re: Castle]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
[lets just drop the whole thread. pictures at 11:00

Edited by Robbie Brown (09/15/11 06:55 PM)

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#370183 - 09/15/11 02:50 PM Re: Without a Net [Re: Still]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
" to set the public straight about survivors...the myths...the pains...the realities...God. "

This is the first sentance....about survivors, not about you as a survivor...There is a difference.

Your "truth" is your story, different than my "truth", and different than the truth in general.

You can take it any way you please, I cant control that, but my intention was not to doubt, but to offer advice about speaking about very serious topics like disclosure....Equally, because I am a bit one sided on offending survivors, and teens being accountable for their actions...if I were to make it to a grander scale of getting the word out, I would not mention this topic as Im more emotional about it, and know it....does that mean others feel the same...some do, some dont but on a national stage I wouldnt put it out there and jade the bigger issues of CSA/ASA...Equally I was asking you take into consideration those of us who have recieved great support from our significant others and not group all of us together about never disclosing, as is your stance here on the board.

You put it out there for the board, I'm sorry if you dont like my comments...and I did wish you good luck and ment it, but stand by my words, as always.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#370188 - 09/15/11 03:38 PM Re: Without a Net [Re: Still]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Down Boys we are all on the same side.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.