Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 47 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63119 Topics
441403 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#369945 - 09/11/11 10:38 PM A sad comparison of tragedies
alone Offline

A tragedy can be remembered in different ways. Of course today is 9/11. I have been thinking about it today. I, in no way want to diminish what happened 10 years ago because I don't consider what I am going to say is some great revelation, however, it dawned on me today that I had my own personal "9/11". All the survivors that come on this site have had their own personal "9/11" or many "9/11"s. "9/11" has become a symbol of an unthinkable tragedy that we have had and will have to think about for the rest of our lives. In my life, my "9/11" was in 7/61. 50 years ago. I am now 62. As the 9/11 being remembered today 10 years later, I still remember mine 50 years later. 9/11 today reminds us of how vast unknown numbers of human beings were affected in a myriad of ways by that day and 10 years of days since. It also makes me think of how one tragic event affected my life so long ago and continues even to this day. I just see this parallel between an event that changed millions and an event that changed one. All the survivors on here can relate, I'm sure. How the actions of one or more can affect millions but can also can change just one. It makes me so sad to think about bad people or one bad person who will purposely ruin lives of many or the life of one. Personally, anger and hatred serves no productive purpose for me anymore after all these years. This doesn't make me better than anybody, it's just how I have chosen to deal with it but I can still be sad when I think about it. And especially saddened for all who were deeply affected by the events of the last 10 years.

I wish the best in life to everyone who may read this.

Ted (alone)

#369948 - 09/11/11 11:11 PM Re: A sad comparison of tragedies [Re: alone]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brother,Ted.

Yes, you are right about our "9-11". I can remember mine today too. I was just 5 years old 67 years ago. By my "mom." and went from there.

Yes, a tragic event that changed our lives forever. We spend an awful lot of time in the depths of our soul & hell too.

We all share our sadness here.

But, I choose to share my compassion, understanding, love & hope for all of us here.

So, my fraternal brother Ted, you are not alone anymore we are here for you and each other. None of us is ever alone anymore, including you, my fraternal brother.

Heal well, my fraternal brother not alone Ted, heal well.

"I will take that lost boys and, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.

Pete..Irishmoose.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.