Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
4 registered (ethereo222, GT13568, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442132 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#323127 - 02/23/10 07:12 PM Pediatrician Accused of Molesting 103 Children
Clockwise Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I hope this hasn't been posted before.

This is one of the most disqusting things I've ever heard. This guy is being indicted on 471 counts of sexual abuse of children. The police have over 13 hours of this man video taping himself yelling, hitting and molesting children. It's been reported that some of the victims were as young as 3 months and he's on camera yelling at them when they resisted. God, I feel for these children. Here's the link to CNN.

Pediatrician Accused of Molesting 103 Children

#323130 - 02/23/10 07:53 PM Re: Pediatrician Accused of Molesting 103 Children [Re: Clockwise]
pluckmemory Offline

The front yard of Dr. Bradley's office building looked like Disneyworld- with a Ferris Wheel and all sorts of treats for the children.

Another component to this story- Bradley;s sister made a complaint about this doctor before, five years ago, but nothing was done. According to the Associated Press, some of the people he worked with suspected that he was molesting kids but did not report him,
Now the Attorney General of Delaware Beau Biden (Joe's son) is holding an inquiry into why these people, and agencies and hospitals did not report him.

Edited by pluckmemory (02/23/10 07:53 PM)

#323209 - 02/24/10 06:16 PM Re: Pediatrician Accused of Molesting 103 Children [Re: pluckmemory]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: pluckmemory

Another component to this story- Bradley;s sister made a complaint about this doctor before, five years ago, but nothing was done. According to the Associated Press, some of the people he worked with suspected that he was molesting kids but did not report him,
Now the Attorney General of Delaware Beau Biden (Joe's son) is holding an inquiry into why these people, and agencies and hospitals did not report him.

That is pretty sad. My understanding of the situation is, any health care worker who either witnesses a molestation, or hears a claim of molestation directly from the victim, is required by law to report it. On the other hand, if a health care worker suspects molestation but has no evidence or direct claim of abuse from a victim, I think they can be sued for defamation if they report their suspicions and it turns out nothing happened. That's good protection for innocent doctors; but it also poses an enormous quandary for staff who are pretty sure there's abuse going on but can't say anything for fear of losing their livelihood.

I think it could be made policy that all pediatricians must have a nurse present while seeing patients. A lot of doctors will understandably resent being "chaperoned" like that, but I really don't see any other solution. Obviously, for whatever reason the parents aren't there all the time - which in itself makes no sense; what parent leaves a three month old baby alone anywhere, let alone the doctor's office? Whatever. If there's no parent present, there should be a nurse present when the doctor sees the patient.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#323211 - 02/24/10 06:54 PM Re: Pediatrician Accused of Molesting 103 Children [Re: melliferal]
pluckmemory Offline

Actually, as Attorney General Biden pointed out, you only have to have a strong suspicion. No one is going to witness the molestation first hand, so there will be no direct evidence. I don't believe you have to necessarily have to have a direct claim from a victim. Biden rightly points out that many people had very strong suspicions and still did not report him. Let's say one of Bradley's colleagues is told by a parent that Bradley hurt her daughter. That's cause for suspicion. And let's say the colleague hears that Bradley was alone in the room with the daughter. That's enough evidence to have a suspicion. And it's enough of a red flag to report it to authorities.

Ok, I agree with you that a nurse should be present with a pediatrician. But what to do about the rash of child psychiatrists who have been molesting children? When you're a child psychiatrist you're alone with the child. So pedophile child psychiatrists like William Ayres and Miguel Frontera get away with molesting by claiming they had a medical reason to touch a boy's genitals. The APA needs to set very strict guidelines on the issue of therapists and physical touching of kids. They have none.[i][/i]

Edited by pluckmemory (02/24/10 06:55 PM)

#323212 - 02/24/10 07:33 PM Re: Pediatrician Accused of Molesting 103 Children [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

Last night Katie Couric did a segment on CBS news about Dr. Bradley. Tonight she did a segment on pedophile pediatricians. Someone needs to do one on pedophile child psychiatrists as well:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/02/24/eveningnews/main6239943.shtml

#323466 - 02/27/10 11:18 AM Re: Pediatrician Accused of Molesting 103 Children [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

Here's a letter from a doctor to the Delaware News Journal, wondering why the Medical Board took away Bradley's medical license. This doctor appears to be more concerned about Bradley's medical school expenses than Bradley's victims:

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20...of-pediatrician

#323479 - 02/27/10 04:15 PM Re: Pediatrician Accused of Molesting 103 Children [Re: pluckmemory]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Wow. It's clear why doctors looked the other way when learning of his abuses.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#323539 - 02/28/10 07:45 AM Re: Pediatrician Accused of Molesting 103 Children [Re: LandOfShadow]
pluckmemory Offline

Here's another prominent pediatrician who was a pedophile:

Nobel Prize winning Dr. Daniel Carleton Gajdusek. He brought home boys from overseas and then molested them. He admitted he was a pedophile to one of them. I don't think he ever officially adopted them, although he led others to believe he had.

He also wrote about the positive aspect of incest in his studies of tribes, and describes getting sex from a young boy.

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/04/06/us/nobel-laureate-is-accused-of-child-abuse.html?pagewanted=1

#368998 - 08/27/11 01:45 PM Re: Pediatrician Accused of Molesting 103 Children [Re: Clockwise]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Former Pediatrician Bradley sentenced to 14 life terms plus 164 years in Delaware.

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20...rms?odyssey=mod

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/02/22/delaware.pediatrician/index.html

Here's a man who has devastated lots of lives. That destruction can never be paid for even with such a sentence. Who are the victims?

Originally Posted By: Delaware Online

The sentence was broken down this way: one life term for each of 14 first-degree rape counts, 124 years for five counts of sexual exploitation of a child and 40 years for five counts of second-degree assault.

Originally Posted By: lead prosecutor Paula J. Ryan

devastating and far-reaching, and its full impact may not be known for years to come

"Every minute of every day should be as difficult as possible for Earl Bradley to endure, since he single-handedly shattered the lives of so many. This is the only fitting sentence because his victims and their families will be dealing with the effects of his abuse for the rest of their lives."

Originally Posted By: Judge Carpenter

ordered that once the case is "completely resolved," state police should "destroy" all the video evidence of Bradley abusing children.

#368999 - 08/27/11 01:56 PM Re: Pediatrician Accused of Molesting 103 Children [Re: pufferfish]
pluckmemory Offline

Actually Bradley molested (including rape ) more than 400 children. The state of Delaware is to be commended for their handling of this case. This was a speedy conviction which came only 16 months after the indictment. The Delaware legislature passed laws making it a crime for doctors not to report sexual abuse by other doctors.

Delaware has done mostly everything right and yet in San Mateo County, California we have the shocking do-nothing San Mateo DA's office and the Dr. William Ayres case. The DA's office itself hired Ayres to evaluate boys for at least 13 years; one juvenile judge sent hundreds of boys to Ayres and legal experts say they should never have tried this case in the first place.

One 13 year old boy was raped by Ayres while Ayres was saying "If you let me do this to you, I will make sure you don't go to juvenile hall."

Ayres was under contract to San Mateo Juvenile Hall for more than 30 years..

The San Mateo DA is trying to run out the clock and hoping that Ayres will just die.

Going into its fifth year, San Mateo is trying to slam the door on the case as fast as they can by declaring that Ayres has dementia, and negotiating a secret deal to put him in a rest home... all the while lying about this to the vicitms and the media.

District Attorneys who protect predators should be subject to investigations by the Attorney General.

Kudos to the state of Delaware for its handling of the Bradley case.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.