Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluestar7 (45), ferdie1949 (65), jonathan (57), LovingFriend (27), tjp42588 (26)
Who's Online
3 registered (atari_kid86, teba, 1 invisible), 59 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62567 Topics
438394 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#368995 - 08/27/11 11:24 AM Hurricane Irene
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
How are you folks faring in the face of the coming threat?

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#369005 - 08/27/11 04:16 PM Re: Hurricane Irene [Re: FormerTexan]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Andy thanks for asking. All chilled out by NYC right now. Joint is pretty much locked up.

Let's see what Sunday brings. Quakes and Canes in 1 week. What a ride.

Be well.

#369007 - 08/27/11 05:24 PM - [Re: kb8715]
exhale Offline
MaleSurvivor

-

Edited by exhale (01/13/13 11:27 PM)

#369010 - 08/27/11 06:18 PM Re: Hurricane Irene [Re: exhale]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
I took my kids and my son's frnd to das super-market for panic shopping. I NEVER needed such shopping cuz I always had enough food, water, guns, ammo, fuel, Mad Magazines, generators (YES-Plural generatorS) and money for ANY emergency. I had enough in supplies to equip Cuba for a year. Since I was "relocated," I don't have any buffer supplies for our regular natural disasters here.

Anywho: 12 yo boys and a 10 yo girl seek entirely different things in filling "emergency needs." I did not know a 50lb sack of M&Ms were "vital to sustaining a child." Its news to me that "children NEED a heafty supply of Sprite in order to digest M&Ms." Apparently, its not a good idea to allow your freezer's stash of pizzas to drop below a "certain level" if you expect to survive an entire Irene.

You should have seen their faces when I predicted being without power for DAYS.

"It will be like the Stone-Age when YOU were a kid Dad. Back before you had WiFi."

Still's Globs

New Video

#369011 - 08/27/11 06:33 PM Re: Hurricane Irene [Re: Still]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Lol Robbie. I think your kids nailed it spot on. Pretty much sounds like all the right stuff.

Sounds like good times at your place. Enjoy Robbie.

And Jesper I keep telling ya we are survivors. We are the toughest men alive pal.

Be well all

#369014 - 08/27/11 07:56 PM Re: Hurricane Irene [Re: Still]
Czaesar72 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California, USA
LOL Sounds like like you have it under control Robbie. You just reminded me when AOL just came into play- it was the greatest thing on earth even though it was slowest that molasses in January. Now we talk about WiFi.

I hope everyone in the path of this storm will be safe and sound when it's over.

Keith, I'm glad to hear you're ok.

Later,

Edited by Czaesar72 (08/27/11 07:58 PM)

The strength of a man isn't in the weight he can lift; it is the burdens he can understand and overcome.

#369025 - 08/28/11 12:03 PM Re: Hurricane Irene [Re: Czaesar72]
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
It was wicked cool this morning but now I just have wicked cabin fever!!!! I'm so booored and I can't leave cause the roads are all blocked by trees and their is still debris blowing everywhere. Thank God I have power still, most people around me don't. I've been thru a couple of tropical storms and plenty of noreater's but it was definetly some of the heavier wind I've seen.

lol as I was typing this a roof shingle slammed into my patio door and made me jump haha

#369046 - 08/28/11 11:57 PM Re: Hurricane Irene [Re: Still]
CruxFidelis Offline

Loc: NJ
Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown
I took my kids and my son's frnd to das super-market for panic shopping. I NEVER needed such shopping cuz I always had enough food, water, guns, ammo, fuel, Mad Magazines, generators (YES-Plural generatorS) and money for ANY emergency. I had enough in supplies to equip Cuba for a year. Since I was "relocated," I don't have any buffer supplies for our regular natural disasters here.

Wonder if it is a survivor thing, to do that. After surviving sexual abuse trauma, I think a lot of people have survival on the brain for years to come. My wife has always been that kind of worst-case-scenario sort of person... has the wilderness first aid certification, and all the water purification supplies and those reflective blankets. I always knew it was more than a camping hobby.

We got through the hurricane all right. Still no clean water for our town. Our house is OK otherwise and I am just grateful to have power and my family together. There are people not far from us that are a LOT worse off, and have flooded basements, trees fallen down on their houses/cars, and power outages with no end in sight. I am considering myself very lucky.

- Saint John of the Cross

#369088 - 08/29/11 08:22 PM Re: Hurricane Irene [Re: CruxFidelis]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
We survived it, but when cable and Elect went out, we had to resort to AMC-Movie-like scenario role-play to break the bordom. I called the town "Appocolypto (sp?) like Mr Mel's movie and the Boo kept watch on all traffic at the 4-corners to ensure accurate intel for the outpost commanders. Punks stayed with her artwork to be used in troop morale and propaganda bills.

Using binoculars, we could confirm the school was without electricity and were able to monitor the traffic of the enemy's leaderhip therein

With heafty stashes of the M&M ammunition kept strategically at each window, we were able to cover the town center fairly well. The seige went on for hours and hours. Boo, naturally, drank all the little green classic Cokes and caused an eventual break-down of ranks and order within the fortress. It was not long until the enemy's "Mechanised Division" re-took the town center and repaired the power and cable required for their domination of the humans.

The occupying forces still closed the school for the first day of the academic year due to our efforts at stalling repairs. Tomorrow, Boo will begin to organize the older students into a fully functioning millitia as there are plenty of snow-days sure to come.

Send M&Ms and coke when you are able.

Cmdr. Brown
Resistance Forces
3d Division

Still's Globs

New Video

#369109 - 08/30/11 08:34 AM Re: Hurricane Irene [Re: Still]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Robbie I am so happy for you when I read this post. Few months back I know you felt "Boo and Punks" had given up on you.

You and they turned Hurricane Irene into a chance to be yourselves togther, no expensive toys, no Disney World, just a great Dad with his great kids.

Freaking Awesome Robbie. I say we all take on a Volcano next.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.