Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 77 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63367 Topics
443097 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#368705 - 08/22/11 10:08 PM Re: I miss my old friends here [Re: Riley]
ACLover94 Offline

Loc: EAST COAST USA
Sam, I guess I am one of the "new" guys. Even though Ive been slowly dying on the inside for over 40 years. To be honest, its a Goddamn sin that we are here at all. A fucking disgrace of humanity that we need to be here. But on the other hand, I wouldnt know what to do somedays without MS. I have a few dear friends that help me in my healing and I would welcome you as well. Its hard to explain....I guess if what happened to us had to happen, thank God for you all....Love all my brothers...and you too Sam...

George

#368706 - 08/22/11 10:44 PM Re: I miss my old friends here [Re: ACLover94]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brother, George.

Yes, how would have known what to do if it weren't for MS & our friends here?

I don't know how much of a friend that I've been in helping you.

But, you are rightI/we miss our old friends here.

I've been here for three years this month. A lot of my fraternal brothers, yes, I call them my brothers, have come & gone.

Faceless names on a computer screen. But you all are more than a faceless name. You are my fraternal brothers, a part of my fraternal family. A part of my being.

I have a piece of your heart & soul in me. As I hope that I am that for you all.

My old friends (new ones too) have been with me when I'm in the infinity of the heavens. When I was standing at the gate of hell (suicide) & everywhere in between.

We share our compassion, understanding & love for one another.

We share our hopes & dreams. We share our triumphs & failures.
We share in our sadness, fears & tears. We share our darkest secrets.

I miss them too. I welcome my new ones too.

Heal well, my fraternal brother, George, heal well.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity>" As he is me.

Pete..Irishmoose

Edited by petercorbett (08/22/11 10:48 PM)
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#368707 - 08/22/11 10:45 PM Re: I miss my old friends here [Re: SamV]
Czaesar72 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California, USA
Sam When I first came here, you were one of the first ones to make me feel welcome, so you are one of those people that one never forgets, plus, you were so supportive when I was having a serious crisis and you were so supportive.

I wish I'd have the privilege to some day meet you in the future and shake your hand. I was fortunate enough to be able to meet some of our fellow survivors at the Sequoia 2011 WoR and I keep in touch with a handful of them (one of them is like a brother to me now, heck more of a brother than the one and only biological brother I have). Now I'm looking forward to seeing some of them again as well l as meeting new ones at the Advance WoR, next month.

But I know what you mean, there is a sense of loss when people move on and you're left thinking I wonder what's going on with them (whoever they may be)....

Just know that even though I have not met you in person, you are very dear to me.

Edited by Czaesar72 (08/22/11 10:47 PM)

The strength of a man isn't in the weight he can lift; it is the burdens he can understand and overcome.

#368708 - 08/22/11 10:51 PM Re: I miss my old friends here [Re: FormerTexan]
Czaesar72 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California, USA
Andy,

I'm looking forward to meeting you next month. When reading your posts, I can sense you have a lot of wisdom and humanity in you; it will be a great pleasure meeting you. You're like a friend I would've like to have had when I was growing up.

Edited by Czaesar72 (08/22/11 10:53 PM)

The strength of a man isn't in the weight he can lift; it is the burdens he can understand and overcome.

#368728 - 08/23/11 06:54 AM Re: I miss my old friends here [Re: Riley]
Aberrant30 Offline

Loc: I live on the Emerald Coast, F...
I've always found it hard, to be cloes to people. I miss Silly...he saved my life. I miss Shane, we ues to call each other clone, caues we where so much alike, like differnt vershions of the same person. I swear to god, shane if you ever read this, or if you ever come back, know your missed and loved.

And the end of every place."
Hint: It's in front of you right now.
(Formerly known as Aberrant30

#368828 - 08/24/11 08:54 PM Re: I miss my old friends here [Re: Aberrant30]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
This outpouring of acceptance and support warms my heart, dear brothers, thank you.

I will spend the next few weeks getting acquainted, and re-acquainted with you,

Much appreciation,
Sam

#368858 - 08/25/11 02:10 AM Re: I miss my old friends here [Re: SamV]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi Sam

I cant be an old friend but I can certainly be one of your new friends. Thanks for all the effort you put in here, the advice and gentle encouragement that you are so good at delivering.
I for one am happy that you decided to stay on.

Heal well Brother
Martin

#368861 - 08/25/11 07:58 AM Re: I miss my old friends here [Re: whome]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I hear and feel your Sentiment Sam!

For me, almost all those that I got to deeply know have completely gone and moved on. If I was still here for myself and my healing, I'd feel very lonely, if I stayed at all and didn't just leave like the others have.

But I've healed a lot, and my life and purposes are vastly different now, but yes, at times I wish for those feelings of closeness and camaraderie that I no longer find here, but then I realize that while I don't get that here any longer, I've managed to get it out there in the real world, with real live human beings.... I know, scary right????? But utterly worth it!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.