Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63993 Topics
446673 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#368569 - 08/21/11 05:46 AM IDO NOT KNOW HWERE TO PUT THIS
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
On Aug 28th 2010 my wife of 15Years pased away .And I also lost my Grandson a week lator on Oct 4th 2010. I was raped on Laborday of 1977 while at Fort Hood TX . I wonder how buch more I can take .This is the first year without them . Laborday is hard enough , I feel like my heart is being torn from my cheast . I just hope that I survive this I Some times think that I cannot cry any more . and then I start again
I have a new wife that does under stand my pain . Because her husband died a little over 2 years ago

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#368573 - 08/21/11 08:05 AM Re: IDO NOT KNOW HWERE TO PUT THIS [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Darkheart Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Illinois
You put it in the right spot bro...

My rape happened on thanksgiving day...I know exactly what you're going through...

I don't know what it would be.like going through it alone...wanna talk about your grandson and grandma? Will it help to celebrate their lives?

I'm here for you bro...

Forrest

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...8711#Post348711

#368610 - 08/21/11 05:02 PM Re: IDO NOT KNOW HWERE TO PUT THIS [Re: Darkheart]
men_of_hrts.dbw Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Orchidland Big Island Hawaii
Okie Mike,
Anniversaries like the day of disclosure used to mess with me or May 13th, I would go redline on those days for three years, plus a couple others.
I have always regarded this journey for survivorship as a daily battle since disclosure on July 6th 2007, my 49th birthday. I can lose or l can win and losing in this fight can be very costly mentally, emotionally and physically.
Depression enters quickley and can take root, grow and shadow all that has enlightened my life.
I hope this doesen't read like l'm all right, far from it but getting closure, understanding, peace, comfort and a final conclusion is very important to me. It's up to me to create it.
Seems like every path or gateway on this journey begins with pain and it's up to me to navigate to the destination, l waste time on trails of despairity or doom.
Right now l'm on a path that scares the fuck out of me, the energy is hard to contain and l use a lot of distractions to get from one milestone to the next.
Stuff only a survivor like us here learn to endure.
Part of the sharing of our lives here in real time brings instant pangs of sorrow, when l read your sadness it hit me and l choked up, we're not alone.
l wish l could do more than post a comment or ponder and pray. I'm glad we have this place to gather and provide each other support.
In closing: This year on The Day of Disclosure l made it a new anniversary. Last July 6th l celebrated my birthday; 53 years plus 4. The four years on this journey for survivorship are something to be proud of. So now l have two anniversaries on the same day.

"What Say the Brethren"
"Hang the Bastards"

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.