Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
6 registered (Greg56, Obi, 4 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63214 Topics
442032 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#368031 - 08/13/11 03:18 AM Sorry for being away
kjessie Offline

Hey all,

It's been more than 8 months since my last post here:

http://malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads...3466#Post353466

Lot of things changed. Really, it's like a whole different life. It's been hard in the beginning. My boyfriend was going so much down. He followed a 12 step program for survivors of abuse, but he dropped out after 1-2 months because he wouldn't see any change.

He was depressed. I became depressed because supporting him was so hard and I had troubles at my work. I finally quit my job and was jobless for a few months. He took care of me and somehow we were cheering up each other while struggling to survive.

But what made the biggest change in our life is that my boyfriend has started blogging about the abuse. I wanna thank some of the people of Malesurvivor for sending emails or DM's on Twitter as support. The blog changed so much.

We got now after the first month 1200 visitors, an interview on Al Jazeera, an interview in a major national magazine and a proposal of some major production company to make a documentary about his story. To be through I was amazed by the positive response (after all it's still the Middle East here and related topics are very much taboo), but he was blown of his feet. It made him another person. Somehow he can talk freely about the abuse, although he's blogging under a pseudonym.

Anyway, I wanted to thank Ever-fixed Mark, sasuva and michael Joseph for their feedback on my introduction post.

If anyone is on Twitter, we (because we co-manage our social media channels) can be followed through @ArabCSA.

The blog can be visited at www.arabcsa.com , please be careful for triggering content. If anyone has a related blog, please send us a tweet so we can add you to our blogroll.

Have a great weekend,

Love,
Jessie

PS: I forgot to tell the best news ever. Through the webblog we got someone covering my boyfriend's therapy. He started with it 2 weeks ago and it's going great. I'm so incredibly proud of him.

Edited by kjessie (08/13/11 03:27 AM)
Edit Reason: forgot something

#368034 - 08/13/11 05:48 AM Re: Sorry for being away [Re: kjessie]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Kjessie

Great to have you back, and thanks for the update. I think that your BF is proof of the theory that the more you talk about it the better it gets. Keep up the good work and the great support.

Martin

#368075 - 08/13/11 06:29 PM Re: Sorry for being away [Re: whome]
hopeandtry Offline

Wow...that's amazing. And welcome back!

#368111 - 08/14/11 04:46 AM Re: Sorry for being away [Re: hopeandtry]
kjessie Offline

Thank you both!

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.