Newest Members
KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5, smc1972
12419 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
camdon (30), camdon greenwood (30), Denise (72), getteddie (66), morgoth (24), Ric (66)
Who's Online
3 registered (Rich1967, 2 invisible), 32 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12419 Members
74 Forums
63767 Topics
445328 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#368085 - 08/13/11 11:24 PM What to do this weekend
jls Offline

I have two days with absolutely nothing to do so I thought it'd be fun to be completely spontaneous and do somethng new. Anyone have any suggestions for me? It doesn't have to cost money or take a long time, just something that's fun and hopefully I've never done before. Get back to me with your suggestions:)

#368086 - 08/14/11 12:00 AM Re: What to do this weekend [Re: jls]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
I took my Saturday and made it just a casual random one with no time table or schedule. I went to a nearby town, mostly for the drive, and saw Harry Potter and his magical crew. I then hit a bookstore and bought a new CD of a group I will be seeing live in November. Then went back later to the same store and bought some magazines to read at the house.

No real plan but just some small things and I had a great day of no stress, drama or anything I did not want.

Just some thoughts that might give you similar or other thoughts of your own.

I hope you have some fun out there.

Daryl

#368092 - 08/14/11 01:08 AM Re: What to do this weekend [Re: prisonerID]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Peace,Rainbows & Healing

Edited by lapchinj (03/18/13 06:38 AM)

#368121 - 08/14/11 01:29 PM Re: What to do this weekend [Re: lapchinj]
jls Offline

Funny you mentioned skydiving since some frineds of mine did that just this past Friday. I was asked if I wanted to come along but I declined. While I've always been an adventurous soul, I've been through many things in my life that should have gotten me killed so now I kind of recoil at the thought of taking unnecessary risks, so to speak. As one friend put it, what's the point of jumping out of a perfectly good airplane haha. I like Prisoner ID's suggestion of enjoying some good reads, namely the nice n' thick weekend paper. I hear a coffee shop with comfy seating beckoning me to come and read:)

#368129 - 08/14/11 04:02 PM Re: What to do this weekend [Re: jls]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
I went geocaching at an event called the CacheBash 2011! I strongly recommend it.

S

#368140 - 08/14/11 10:09 PM Re: What to do this weekend [Re: SamV]
jls Offline

Oh I think I've heard of geocaching. I that where you find stuff with a GPS, or something along those lines? Would love to try that sometime.

#368141 - 08/14/11 10:11 PM Re: What to do this weekend [Re: jls]
jls Offline

tomorrow I'm having coffee with my AA sponsor. He's a survivor too so he helps me with alot of stuff that goes with it.

#368142 - 08/14/11 10:34 PM Re: What to do this weekend [Re: jls]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Geocaching is simple,

Go to www.geocaching.com, register, type in your zip code and a list and map of hidden caches appear. These are weather proof containers are various sizes that, with a GPS, and some clues, one can entertain themselves.

Anyone with a car GPS that will allow direction to be inputted through coordinates can be a geocacher.

S

#368151 - 08/14/11 11:57 PM Re: What to do this weekend [Re: SamV]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
My fraternal brothers.

Too late for this weekend, but this coming one will be shared in compassion, understanding & love with fellow survivors.

Face to face, enjoying each others company. maybe a movie, but definitely a great dinner at a great restaurant.

But most importantly in healing with great company.
Sure it might cost a few bucks.
But the rewards are priceless, at least for this irish moose.

Heal well, my brothers, heal well.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.

Pete..Irishmoose.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.