Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 44 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63117 Topics
441396 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#368948 - 08/26/11 02:31 PM Re: A Question for Non-Survivors [Re: sugarbaby]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Hi guys,

I'm a non-survivor. I hardly remember anything before 6 or 7, mostly just things I've been told happened. On my own, just little bits and pieces. After that, I remember more and more, but the feelings, I would say not so much. I look at all that as though it's not someone else, just feelings that happened so long ago, I don't remember them. I remember what I saw, what I did (sort of) what other people said, but what I felt? I just felt like me. Mostly now I'd say I superimpose my feelings now over whatever I felt then, just so many feelings have transpired since then.

I do remember somethings rather vividly that I disliked then, and resented, and things I loved and was so happy about. Things like having to carry heavy books all over school, and hold them all in a LONG lunch line. And Dad making us a trailer for our go-cart, so we could pull a passenger. That was so coool!

But my siblings remember alot more than me. I'm not as sociable as they are. I don't look back much.

Hope this is informative.
D.

P.S. As an example: I didn't like kindergarten. Don't really remember what I FELT about it, just know generally didn't like it. So I asked my parents if I could drop out of kindergarten. They said they'd think about it. A few days later, they came back to me, and said I could quit, IF I understood that the next year, I had to go the WHOLE year through the first grade. I couldn't quit the first grade. So, I told them, yes, I understand, I will have to go the whole year of first grade. And they let me quit kindergarten. I remember most of this clearly. But I don't remember my feelings about kindergarten. I remember being there, I remember not liking it, but I don't FEEL that, I just remember I disliked it, not the feeling of it. And now, whenever I look back, I think kindergarten was just blah blah blah, and how impressive my parents were, to weigh it, to reason with me, and explain the consequences to me, and explain options, and let me pick. They treated me with respect. I think it was great.

But to be clear, I don't remember the day to day details of kindergarten. Just fragments of it. I don't remember all of any daily routine, until maybe starting in 5th or 6th grade. And then, not every year, just some.

Edited by Disappointed (08/26/11 02:46 PM)
Edit Reason: To give an example.

#368981 - 08/27/11 07:46 AM Re: A Question for Non-Survivors [Re: jls]
Pie Offline

Dear Jls

My childhood memories are pretty clear. I have ones that are fantastic, filled with love and laughter. Memories going quiet far back that my parents have trouble recalling. I also remember traumatic occasions with amazing clarity. My Mum was an alcoholic and those years of her drinking and not been available are very vivid. I have heard of people recalling things that happened when they were about 3 years of age, this is however not the same in my case. My memories only go back to about 5 years. Enjoy the learning experiance and embrace your history. Let it help heal the present.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.